• Members

I am so so sorry. I just thought you were talking about GH. I myself have just posted ample criticism plus ridicule of RonC. Oh, crap. Well, at least now I know we are on the same page about DAYS. I have a new checklist I use when watching. Goes like this: Bored, bored, bored some more, wait here i something, ... no, it was nothing, bored, bored, angry, oh,, [!@#$%^&*]. And, boom, show's over! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's ridiculous seriously.  And Natalia doesn't actually talk or reference religion very often.  She's got no problem hanging out with Sonny.  It makes no sense and I think GH is very dated in a lot of ways and think their audience would be shocked by a queer singer in the year 2024.  And that's why we get all the baby stories.

• Members
Posted (edited)

For sure, I think the writing for Natalia has been one-dimensional and heavy-handed. 

One thing that I loved (and still miss) about AMC was how Agnes Nixon and her writers could make even the most bigoted individuals look or sound sympathetic; so that, even if you didn't agree with their POV, you still felt for them.  But I don't get that from how Natalia is being portrayed on this show. 

Even worse, if the objective is to make us root more for Blaze/Kristina, it's actually making me do the opposite, if only because I think Kristina would be better off without all that drama, lol.

My chief concern about Heather's story is the same concern I have about many of GH's stories atm: IMO, there's no real sense of where the story is going.  Yes, we have learned that Heather's more psychotic behavior has been the result of cobalt poisoning; and yes, Heather is being treated for her condition and is on the road to recovery*.  So, what now?  Where do Heather and we go from here? 

If this were Bill Bell/Kay Alden's Y&R, Heather likely would begin a journey of self-discovery; one that would take her back, literally and figuratively, to her childhood and the roots of her psychosis; with a startling revelation or several about her complicated relationships with her mother and absent father.  Right now, though, all GH seems to be saying is, "Once, Heather got so crazy, she killed a bunch of people; then, somebody figured out that it was because of a bum hip replacement; but now, she's feeling better, she's really sorry for killing those people and she won't do it anymore, cross her heart and hope to die!  The End!"

What's next for Heather (and her new BFF, Mayor Laura)?  Is she truly becoming a wiser, saner person?  Has Laura found herself a kooky, new sidekick?  Or will Heather revert to her former, evil ways, maybe come between Laura and Ace, or even Laura and Kevin? 

Or is she poised to do something far, far worse?  Something that, when it's all over and done with, will make The Hook look like child's play?  C'mon, GH!  Show me where the road turns!

(*Or so we hope, lol?)

And all the mob stories, and all the supervillain stories that should have gone out with boy bands and Jenna Elfman-like haircuts.

Ugh.  GH has improved so much lately compared to when I last watched it regularly, but it is so frustrating knowing how risk-averse TPTB have become, at a time when they really have nothing to lose.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I wonder how the ELR casting came about.  I understand why the show hired her even if the show has 700 cast members already, but this was the pitch?

Blaze/Kristina already have about a million different obstacles to begin with.  Let's just add a stage mother and maybe a brother to all this.  And Kristina/Blaze aren't even worth that much effort!

I absolutely agree FV and GH have completely outdated ideas. The show is lacking in cliff hangers while practically every single character is changing careers, getting new hips and/or new personalities, or talking about Pikeman/Jason/Mob/FBI.  I have been on the fence about PM/EK so far and don't want to judge too quickly, but I almost feel like the show needs to deep breathe a bit, cut out dead weight, and end some stories first before jumping head long into a bunch of new ideas.

• Members

I actually had a joke about the hospital setting up a job fair/hiring event since it seems so many in PC are currently unhappy with how they earn their paychecks, lol.

And IA about the show needing to deep breathe, etc.  I realize EK/PM jumped aboard with little-to-no time to prepare a long-term bible, but I also believe you could do that AND move the current stories along a little faster if you make the time for it.

• Members

The strangest one to me was Dante.  He loved his job!  I know he just got severely injured, but that was surprising to me.  I know Sam is much more worried about her cop boyfriend's safety than she ever was about procreating with a mob hitman, but character growth for Sam I guess? 

You would think PM/EK would want to quickly move along the stories that aren't theirs and just start fresh.  I really get the Jason return story was probably top priority  I just hope they are really looking at what stories and what characters actually work.

• Members

I agree. I don't watch DAYS at all due to the Peacock move and still have opinions simply due to the fact that I have been an on-again/off-again viewer since the first possession. 

Even when I have been behind here, I have opinions and ideas. Or I see a clip. And I have a thought. 

Hey. I'm still watching B&B and barely have a thought at the moment. Well, anything that isn't repetitive. lol. 

I hopefully feel that they are. But I've been said some of the sort over the last few months.

I simply hope there's not too much interference going on. 

• Members

I hope that they are going to be patient with them in terms of time. 

I am very concerned at there being, what 65, people in a bloated cast. 

I'm not worried besides that but I am VERY worried about what in my mind is Patrick trying to connect all of these people.