• Members

Same here.

Anyone who thinks GH is better with Mulcahey and Korte as HWs has a lot of work to do to convince me. This Blaze/Natalia/brother family addition is not a good sign, and neither is everyone in town changing jobs at the same time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

These dumbass 'walking in the park, oh it's you!' remotes have been going on since the mid-2000s tbh. It started out at GL and ATWT, then AMC and to a lesser extent OLTL picked them up, and now GH has been doing it a lot over the last few years.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure Kraze is here to stay, so, wishing & hoping for Blaze to be gone is likely a waste. Natalia, she sure looks more like Brenda than anyone else, so I'm thinking she is Sonny's type, if he actually has one. I really got some pleasure from him putting down Ava today & then her facial expression for the final scene. Good Lord, if looks could kill, Natalia will expire between now & tomorrow! And, here, I've seriously considered shipping Chrome (Corinthos + Jerome). They've not asked me but I think Blaze's guitarist brother should remain offscreen. 

Oh, yes, one thing I meant to say about Violet. I think Frank and D&C loved her, guessing Frank still does. I believe it was their intent to create another Robin or Emma, which when I think about it make me so very sad for them, also I feel sorry for us, the fans. That child lives in Florida & I would like it very much if the commute was too much for her! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
forgot something

• Members

Yeah, I don't care for them either, especially when I personally don't know anyone who goes walking in the park like it's still 1900, lol.  You could accomplish the same goal just by having characters run into each other at the town diner and it would make more sense.

• Members

GH has been doing them for a few years, but the recent ones seem...off to me. An outdoor walk-and-talk could be ok. It's even ok to have joggers run into each other, but you can't do that over and over.

You can't have Dex try out for the PD on a course that looks so confined and unrealistic. The worst was seeing Sonny wander around "the park" by himself and having him run into Natalia.

No, I don't want bad CGI like on Y&R, but this isn't much better.

• Members

I thought the PD obstacle course was fine and looked about as functional as one of those would look, esp since we weren't shown all of the course. I found the scenes last year where Sonny was supposedly wandering around 'the PC streets' to meet Selina Wu and it was clearly just an exterior studio door in broad daylight far more embarrassing. But again, this has been going on for decades at this point.

I think GH has done a lot better by most of its studio-bound remotes in recent years, but I am never a fan of the 'wander the park' stuff.

Her real name is Alison. I am not calling her that.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Very amusing. My opinion about why Blaze has sticking power has zero to do with my liking both the character & the pairing. Bias - although it clearly exists - is totally irrelevant, but thanks so much for caring. 

And, also I agree about things not being set in stone. Seems to me I used words like "pretty sure". 

Her professional name is Blaze. Her given name is Alison & she goes by Ali with friends. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

GH prior 2002 was all about families and the communities that made up Port Charles and the Hospital. Whomever the hell allowed Sonny and the Mob to take over GH from 2002-2012 is why fans are confused. Sonny is a mob boss. Most of the town should not want him around.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the responses. Blaze is a very dated name for current performers - she should change it.

I'd say 2002 is generous. I remember some fans joking in the late '90s about how the docks got more airtime than the hospital.

Edited by DRW50

• Members
Posted (edited)

It definitely started in the late 90’s when Maurice returned after his first stint. 

As bad as it was, JFP’s first year did start to explore other parts of the canvas again. It was all just terrible and used to push her FOJ’s, per usual. 

Edited by BetterForgotten