• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's just a nice statement to quiet the crazy fans claiming NAC is ungrateful to the show, etc. I highly doubt he'll be back any time soon. A recast is the most likely option down the road.

• Members

The truth is that GH is still losing viewers.

I know it's early in this writing change, but I doubt anyone expected Mulcahey to lose viewers in his first months. There are still far too many characters and far too many storylines. Now we have a lot of characters being moved from one story to another. We have stories played for a few days before disappearing.

GH is clearly the most popular soap on this board and gets a ton of attention here. I personally don't think the show is in good shape right now, and I'm not happy with any "progress."

• Members

Honestly, there were other problems at play, JFP’s ego was at an all time high, and he wasn’t to blame for everything that went wrong. But, GH right now is sort of reminiscent of Mulcahey’s brief HW-ing stint at GL in 1994. 

Much of the day to day writing can be thoughtful, but it’s low energy and the stories don’t really have much stakes to them.  It was more noticeable at GL because they had just come off some really great years, and Justin Deas was eating the show alive in a very aggressive way.  GH is different in that regard at least. 

• Members

That scene with Dex in a towel after showering and then in the boxer briefs is proof that Evan Hofer isn't going anywhere. Frank had the hots for him and now so does Patrick Mulcahey.

• Members

I guess Im in the minority I dont mind the quiet GH days. Thursday was all family and community interaction. Today was about The Stakes with Sonny andmaybe Krissy having some self relevation about the baby

Next week according to spoilers look to have more action and stories moving forward with some nice character moments

• Members
Posted (edited)

Guess I do not see it that way. I started GH in 1992 and until around 2002 it had a real community/Family feel. Then Guza/Pratt made it The Sorpranos. RC started doing better but he backtracked and basicaly since 2002 for me, this feels like the GH I watched in the 90s

Edited by John

• Members

I agree. And the fan based rumors about his difficulty and departure. From insiders wink wink.

It read to me as both a fan thank you and a plea for people to not blame Frank for what has happened. Reminiscent of Genie Francis posting accolades about Frank when the audience turned on him when she refused recurring.

I have no doubt he is a good boss to work for. I just think he’s a better manager that keeps the trains running than a creative EP. All the cast comments about him make me wonder what the hell JFP did all day. Because they all talk about how hands on he is on the floor and how it wasn’t that way before (the 80’s vets compare it to Monty’s eyes on everything).

• Members

So this is like what, the second or third time Nina's dad has been mentioned in the last couple of weeks when he hasn't been mentioned in well over a decade! And he has a name, (it's Dan; I know, pretty lame). So is there a particular reason for this or is this leading into any kind of story for Nina or what? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Is there such a thing as sweeps now?

He could be doing Puppetry of the Penis and I still wouldn't want her in an episode. She needs a long rest.

I don't know if Lucy has ever even had a team. Clearly the current writers have no use for her...

Sonny always wins out in the end. The current story has an escape hatch for him via the meds.

Edited by DRW50