DAYS: Characters Returning In Late 2024

• Members

I'm happy that they're absolutely going all out with Doug's memorial, as they should. The dream would be that they would also get Denise Alexander, but she hasn't acted since 2021, so who knows if she's up for it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I mean, I'm 99.9% sure that it's DAYS since they're obviously putting Doug's send-off together at the moment.

With that said - I'd like those two episodes to turn into more, but who knows how much she acts these days or that she'd even be interested in doing DAYS with the type of filming schedule they use.

Edited by te.

• Members

Yeah, she did a few commercials last year to. Still very busy working. It’s obviously the show’s decision not have her more, which honestly makes me so angry. She’s an original cast member, and would make a great sounding board for so many characters, as Marie’s literally been through it all. Annoying and off topic, sorry. 

• Members

I swear, when the time comes that this show gets the ax, it's going to be like a Port Charles situation where they've already filmed what's gonna air and there's no chance to go back into the studio to shoot a proper finale. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Since Peacock operates differently than a network, if the time comes to cancel the show, maybe Peacock will handle it differently than a network. Maybe Peacock will give them enough advance notice to wrap things up and have a nice ending.  

But I understand DOOL is doing very well on Peacock, so maybe there is no need to worry about cancellation.  Who knows??

Edited by Mona Kane Croft

• Members

We can only hope, especially since we're about to have a whopping FIVE soaps on the air in the near future. Come through The Gates! 

But really, it's just the ridiculous taping schedule that is irksome. It's literally impossible for them to course correct something that isn't working. 

• Members

I understand what you are saying, but sometimes I think there is too much course correcting on modern soaps.  Social media has made every soap opera fan an expert and a self-appointed critic.  And when TPTB get a whiff that the audience doesn't like something, they change it, rewrite it, or eliminate it. Often too quickly, with too little thought, and with too MUCH attention paid to social media.  I remember soaps in the old days, when the writers wrote what they thought was best, and the audience just watched it, or they didn't. And believe me, soaps were better 45 years ago than they are today.  Personally, I believe writers are better writers than self-appointed internet critics.  So I rather like that DOOL gets to avoid all that.  My opinion only.