BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

I need the matriarch, Veronique Gates (played by Vicki Rowell), to be stone cold.

She disapproves of her son's wife, who tries to keep up with society despite coming from nothing; she constantly scolds her son for not getting his wife in check, who wears the pants in that marriage. However, her Achilles heel is her grandchildren, who tries to prevent them from coming valid little sh*ts like their mother. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Blair Underwood as 'Frederick Gates", the family Patriarch.

Courtney Burrell as "JuLexus Mayfield", a stylishly dressed rising entrepreneur.

Edited by vanguard

• Members

I do have to say, theres so many wonderful Black actors to pull from, but Victoria Rowell being cast would truly be the ultimate “get” and full circle moment. After literal decades of advocating for Black people in front of and behind the scenes, it would be the best gift she could receive. 

So many people have benefitted from her work and id love to see it come full circle in that way. 

• Members

I did, and I got absolutely no response from any of the moderators (or whatever they are called).  I did get one response from a fellow poster, who misunderstood my post and went off on a tangent.  LOL.   So I wouldn't suggest the Support Desk as a way to solve anything, because apparently nobody monitors it -- or if they do, they only respond to the posts that interest them.  Worthless.  

• Members

Hmm... since I know you are talking about me, I will comment - I did not misunderstand your post. Not at all - I agreed with it and said I have my own pet peeve about ads.  Read my comment again. I was adding my 2 cents on a similar issue. I specifically said I HAVE MY OWN issue. Did not misunderstand anything. I went off on a tangent? Really? Where? And you have to come here in a completely different topic and say that about the only person that actually responded to you. Interesting.

Also you shouldn't be so fast to USE the word Worthless concerning the admins @Toups and @Errol. And yes, - they are called ADMINS, and they are the people responsible for keeping this forum for you to post in. And they read the Support Desk. You not getting an instant response doesn't mean they are not doing their job and thinking how to solve something or respond.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Again, I am talking about the part where you MENTION me... going on a tangent... Which is untrue. That's the part I don't realize why it should be mentioned here. You already said something about it in the Support Forum and I also responded and told you I have not misunderstood anything. To which you left no comment or reaction. I wonder why. Maybe because you read my original comment twice?

Why I have to come into different topic and read about myself... going on a tangent... is something I don't understand. I responded to your topic, agreed with your complaint and said I have a similar of my own, but in your words - I have misunderstood and went off on a tangent. I am simply correcting this impression you are making about me. Anyone can go into the Support corner, read with their own eyes and see if I went off on a tangent. I don't appreciate being spoken about in this manner. And now, since I learned my lesson, I will try to leave your future topics without my contribution. I don't want my actions and words twisted. 

P.S Also correcting and adding things to messages after I have already replied...

I also don't want to argue.  That part about not wanting to argue you added now. So I agree with this - I don't want to argue. But I always correct untrue information about myself when it's spoken publicly. 

Edited by Maxim

• Members
Posted (edited)

They should do with Victoria Rowell what EastEnders did with Pat Butcher on EastEnders. Have her be mentioned here and there for about a year and then bring her on to shake things up.

But I fear people are really getting their hopes on casting. The majority will probably be newbies. I want this show to have it's own identity. I want The Gates to have The Gates actors, not a smattering of who's who from various other places. They should be sprinkled in.

That said, I would cast Debbi Morgan to be part of the original cast initially, like Rosemary Prinz on AMC, and end up killing her off after 6-9 months.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members
Posted (edited)

I feel like we should be getting more information very soon. January will be here before you know it so details about casting and other things should be released soon. Also, taping would have to begin around October or November in order to make the January debut. So there's that.

Edited by vanguard

• Members
Posted (edited)

I do believe it will probably be mostly newbies, and I want this one to appear.

Dr. Demarco and Demetrius Evans. (My character names at least).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by vanguard