B&B: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://pplus.ynet.co.il/richul/article/rkad1e7na

https://pplus.ynet.co.il/richul/article/rkad1e7na?utm_source=ynet.co.il&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=copy_url

30 years have passed since the eternal soap opera "the bold and the beautiful" was broadcast in Israel. To mark the occasion, we caught up with Ron Moss, aka the original Ridge Forester. Does he feel like returning to the series and what are the chances that he will visit Israel?

Do you miss the era of "the beautiful and the brave"?

"I miss the people I worked with, but I really don't miss the work involved in a series like this. I prefer the life of freedom to create my own works."

You were one big family for a good few decades, are you still in touch?

"No. I have not been part of this series for 12 years and beyond that, most of the colleagues who were with me have also left. Life has taken us all in different directions, we all have families and daily chores. Life goes on despite everything."

At the same time, the decision to retire from the show in which he starred for so many years was not easy for him, and the thought of someone else stepping into Ridge's shoes startled him. He said in the past that he asked the producer of the series Bradley Bell not to recast the role, but the production of the show refused and he remains hurt. "It felt like a betrayal and showed a real lack of respect," he said.

And we can't do without a nice scandal to end: in 2022 Hunter Taylor, who played the character of Taylor Hayes, admitted in an interview to New Idea that her attraction to Moss was completely real. "When I first came to the show in 1990, I was still married to actor Michael Teilo," she said. "Michael felt very threatened by Ron and the chemistry we had on screen. It was definitely a connection with intense passion. That's why I did everything possible to repel Ron." Just like in The Brave and the Bold, Hunter ended up getting a divorce and so did Moss - and the two drifted into a brief but stormy off-set romance. "I noticed that during all our kissing scenes, there were no holds barred between us. Before that it was just short kisses, stage kisses. We were both single and I guess we finally felt free enough to show our feelings without fear of upsetting our partners."