GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the first I am hearing of anyone thinking Nina did an amateur C-section on Ava. No, I've always been grossed out by what she actually did. The language and description at the time were uh, explicit.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lol.  It's gross any way you look at it.  I think I probably just heard it online and went with it.  I am not really a reliable narrator here though.  If you asked me what Nina's entire backstory is I would get maybe 10% of it right.

• Members

Yeah lol.  And that's part of the reason I liked Jax/Nina because it was finally a non-Sonny cast off for Jax, but here we are.   I have this image that MS is some sort of tall amazon, but she is the same height as CW lol.  Now I actually want to see an MS/MB scene just for laughs.

• Members

Donnell is busy putting the finishing touches on his cover of Christopher Cross' "Think of Laura", he can't come to the chat right now. I do think he had real chemistry with both Stafford (who, it must be said, also had heat with Keith Hamilton Cobb on Y&R) and Budig, but I knew at the time GH would never, ever go there. That was also when DT bothered acting.

I can't get into JPS with anyone. Valentin as a character is such a cold fish even when he's occasionally not a wuss. I will accept that he does have some chemistry with Watros but it's all schemer energy to me.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

DT will never stop shipping the non-existent Laura/Curtis romance.  Is there like fan outcry for this pairing or is this just in DT's own mind?  He seems obsessed with finding a white love interest.

I can't really get into JPS with anyone either.  I hate Valentin.  I still thought Nina was his most viable pairing to date though.

• Members

Laugh all you want at DT, but he's no idiot.  He knows he stands a better chance of getting steady airtime on this (or any) show if he has a white love interest who is popular with the majority of the audience.  Otherwise, if he were paired with a WOC, he runs the risk of being seen only on Wednesdays like the Barber/Winters clan on Y&R.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's true! But he's just so wooden and monotone and has been for years that I think some of us have lost all respect for it, especially when other actors like RA get shafted or when he gives Brook Kerr nothing onscreen. Like LW or Becky Herbst, she puts in work everyday.

In fairness to DT I don't remember any public indicator of him ever advocating for the pairing, I think we all just picked up on his intense investment in those Laura scenes vs. almost any other work he now does on the show and began clowning him for it lol.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Your point is fair, but like @Vee, I think it's disrespectful to Brook Kerr.  She's giving it.  If he was paired with Jordan I could understand.  I actually think DT gets a decent amount of airtime though.  Do you think if he was paired with Nina he'd get more?  I don't really think so.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I definitely think any Black actor paired with a white lead that has even a passing semblance of interest from the show will get more to do. That's the nature of this subgenre. The only exception to this rule is T.J. and Molly, both of whom FV abandoned utterly over a decade ago when he couldn't make Haley Pullos' Molly into NuStarr (which he and Ron attempted to do by selling her with a Cole Thornhart-alike white twink while making the super-talented Tequan Richmond the heavy in a triangle). And I am a major booster for more interracial romance on the show (I actually do want Laura's new man to be Black, just not Curtis!). But it also shouldn't be reduced to a cynical calculation by 2024, and the fact is Black actors should not be wholly dependent on a white partner to get better airtime and story, Black couples deserve it period.

That being said: I do want better for Brook Kerr for a partner, of any color, than DT. He just doesn't give a shît, which makes me sympathize with the show passing him over less and less. Meanwhile Real gets nothing and he gave those scenes last year his all.

Edited by Vee