GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's because she is dressing AS Kirsten Storms not as Maxie Jones, and that's where that issue stands. In terms of character it gets "shredded," not actor. I've yet to see anyone bash Storms, merely the choices (or lack thereof) in terms for Maxie Jones.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We've often seen actresses IRL present very differently from onscreen.

So let's critique characters hair and wardrobe as that is what we see. Whether they look like that offscreen is a different story.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Nope. Many posters have commented that Storms is making her own decisions on wardrobe and styling.

That's cool, Donna. Others disagree with me -- and that's OK. I think her hair is "too much," but I don't think everyone or anyone has to agree with me,.

Of course it's OK to disagree. I never said it wasn't.

I responded as I did because I was called shallow and judgmental.

• Members

I think LW has fabulous hair.  It's curly and thick and the show straightens it.  That's why there is so much.  LLC/Olivia also has a great head of thick hair.

Laura and Lucy's hair has never bothered me, but Anna's does look a bit flat and stringy sometimes-not always.  I wouldn't hate if she cut it.  I think it's more of a texture thing than an age thing for me.  KMC/Robin's hair would look like that as well sometimes near the end of her run.

I personally like Tracy's hair.  I think the grey and the up dos she has look distinguished and unique.  It works for Tracy, IMO. 

As far as KS/Maxie, I have honestly been down that road too many times and I think everyone knows my thoughts by now.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Sorry, but I don't believe this for one minute. Finola DOES have extensions. I know you have your sources, but there is no way that long stringy hair is completely coming out of FH's head. I've known many a hairdresser and discussed this with them. That load of hair weighs her down. I doubt she even eats enough protein to establish that long hair's health. JMO

Btw, I also have long hair that is usually in an up-do of some sort. As a child of the 60s, I know I'm a bit old for it, but it's my choice. And the hub prefers it. 

Please register in order to view this content

My problem with soap stars is never their age, but how the hairstyle works on them. Anna Devane looks worse with long hair.

• Members

I have no problem agreeing to disagree. Just a regular thing. Personally I think Finola is both a beautiful woman & a gifted actress & one whom I believe works at her craft. She taught a graduate course in Acting this past year. I have no problem with her hair. (Or Tracy's, Laura's & Genie's) If others do, that's okay, their thing is their thing. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more thoughts

• Members

I know I am going to regret even responding, but I have longer hair than Finola and it's probably similar thickness/texture.  I have never had extensions.  People just have different types of hair and texture.  You can say you have talked to a million hairdressers, but her hair looks real to me.  It would be thicker if she had extensions.  Unless we physically examine FH's head we don't know.

And if you are suggesting Finola should wear her hair up because of age and the fact you don't think she eats enough protein is just strange.