GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes!  Sonny's reaction just seems so tame.  So unlike him when he's betrayed by a woman.  He's basically ambivalent about the whole thing.  He is still wearing his wedding ring and hasn't filed for divorce, but it's not even his focus right now.  Drew is the most angry about it all and he was in prison for 10 min for a crime he did commit, so I don't care about his pain.

The Ava/Sonny/Carly stuff has never made sense.  They shouldn't like her and she shouldn't like them.  There is no reason on Earth they should all get along.  It adds nothing to the story.

I actually don't mind Liz and Carly getting along, but I do find it weird Carly gets along with basically everyone (Alexis, Sam, Ava, Liz, etc.) that should be some of her lifelong enemies.  It just seems like a way to prop Carly and make me think anyone that dislikes her is very in the wrong. 

• Members

Personally I buy this because of Avery. And they've done due diligence with dialogue about the child being the connection there that makes it work. Carly even invited Ava to stay overnight so she would be there in the morning when Avery woke up after Ava was almost killed recently. Avery is akin to a hinge which makes a gate swing open between people who should be adversarial by all accounts, but are not. And unlike Violet I love the Avery actress. 

• Members

Just to clarify, I don’t want the kind of constant, misogynistic rivalries between women that dominated the Guza era of the show. Or the men. What I want is the natural disagreements and temperaments that exist in the real world and on the show in the past. Sonny is volatile. Tracy should be calculating and also at times a snob. The list could go on.

It feels increasingly like GH IRL is a nice place to work with lovely people, and that has bled over onscreen.

• Members

We've been saying it for a few years now but yes, all this. It seems like the writing actively attempts to keep all popular characters friendly with each other to appease what they feel is their remaining audience lol. So conflict dies too quickly: Ava slaughtered Connie as part of a cover-up to establish a rival empire to Sonny's, yet because they want to keep Maura West she's chummy with Sonny and now Carly. Ava and Nina are BFF despite their very dark history, which I can at least forgive because the show has acknowledged that strangeness. And Carly, Sam and Elizabeth are all good.

• Members

I think the Ava/Sonny/Carly friendship helps to keep MW/Ava more relevant since she doesn't really have a ton to do right now.   I really think it's more of giving Ava something, anything to do than it actually making sense.

I don't really mind Liz, Carly, and Sam getting along.  I don't think their friendships really add anything to the show.  Again, it would be nice if someone besides Nina just didn't like Carly for long standing reasons.  Even Lois seems to be on the Carly bandwagon and they hardly know one another.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I would agree, but that's not exactly the dialogue we are getting.  It's like Sonny's saying he's really upset and does care, but I just feel a big 

Please register in order to view this content

from Sonny about the entire thing despite his words.  Nina is always about 10 mins from a breakdown, but she doesn't seem to care that much either and wants to just start a new magazine.  It's not like I am personally sad about the development I just don't get it.  

• Members

Okay, I have my 7 charges to the new writers! 
#1-Marcus Taggert: Reål Andrews said he would be there with bells on if GH called. Call him! 
#2-Cut from the cast: Violet, Gregory, Finn, Maxie, Spinelli, Maxie's children except James, Marshall, Stella & Drew.
#3-Maintain all of the Qs except Drew. Maintain Lois, guest of the Qs. Maintain the Davis women & TJ & Blaze. Maintain Carly, Ava, Trina, Dante, Sam, Sam's kids, Liz & Liz's kids. Maintain Laura, Kevin & Anna.

#4-Make sure stories have stakes & pay-off. 
#5-Try to write well-paced stories with balance. 
#6-See a little less of Sonny, Nina, Carly & Jason. 
#7-Remember to tell stories about the hospital.

• Members

I do think there's a chance they've also been chumming the waters for Sonny and Ava to hook up again, as some have mentioned. A lot of people would say 'oh no, he'd never go there again after Connie, A.J. etc' but I remember how close Sonny came to fúcking Faith Rosco, who he never had nearly as functional a relationship with as Ava (who he should regard as an enemy the same as Faith tbh). When Sonny is down bad enough, bipolar or on his ego/pity trip he'll fúck anything. Avery is living proof of that.

Edited by Vee