GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they're both quite good. Until Spencer comes back from the dead we can see her mourn, scenes with Ava, scenes with her family but of course, all the scenes of their romance will be MIA. 

I'm looking forward to some #Kraze stuff. Which reminds me, apparently somewhere unknown to me, they are calling them Blistina. I mean, that sounds clinical, in need of medication. Or maybe it's people making fun of them? 

• Members

As much as I hate Nina/Sonny I just don't feel like this is the dealbreaker for them.  After years of the show telling us how compatible they were it feels like a letdown to their fans at least? If they exist.  I guess Nina could go back to Valentin, but that feels like a fate worse than death and I still don't think Nina was wrong in the SEC nonsense.  

• Members

Me neither, but who cares? Any excuse to end some of these boring couples I'll take. Nina and Valentin can leave together or perish in a house fire for all I care.

To be clear I don't think they were committed to Sonny/Nina being over before the HW change or are currently in what's onscreen. I think they may have been playing with Lois, Anna, Ava, Valentin, whatever. But going forward I think anything goes.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lol.  I don't care that much either.  I am just a completionist I suppose.  It just feels unfinished at this point and pushing Sonny towards Anna or Lois or Ava or whoever feels strange.  I guess we will see what's next. 

• Members

If Drew was played by someone other than Cameron Mathison, I would push him and Nina together.  (Yeah, Drew falling for the woman who turned him into the SEC sounds crazy, but if written properly, it could work.)

• Members

No, I agree it's such a weak breakup. And I think under D&C anyone else in the mix may have just been spoilers/complications for Sonny and Nina, who knows (despite the writing team clearly despising Nina!). But hey, I just don't care so long as I'm watching something new lol.

I'll let @Darn describe his reaction to Drew spending years in supervillain torture vs. a few weeks/months in lock-up, lol. Drew's behavior re: Nina lately is truly psycho. He was going full Wrath of Khan on her ass with Michael the other day. You would think she killed Oscar.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Like I said, pairing up Drew and Nina sounds crazy, given the circumstances.  But, like I also say, an audience will go wherever you want them to, so long as you take the proper steps to get them there.

• Members

Oh, I don't doubt it's possible. But I honestly find both characters superfluous. My only interest in Nina is playing to CW's strengths and writing a psycho arc for her to exit in a blaze of glory, preferably losing her marbles over Brenda - Nina came on this show batshít insane and that's how she can leave. Drew, I've talked about the dilemma with him as a blank slate and how he could be recast into anything with the right actor. But I'm so tired of what CM's been doing that I need him to be gone for at least a little while too lol.

I will add that Brook Kerr has been killing it as always and deserves a much stronger male partner onscreen. Be that an old or new Justus as I suggested or whoever else, free Portia!

Edited by Vee