GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All the dialog-heavy scripts on GH every episode are terrible, especially since the scripts are completely without any comedy.  I'm so sick of seeing 2 characters in a stationary scene constantly doing repetitive exposition.  What's the point of a visual medium when it's just audio?  You might as well do a podcast at that point!

I'm excited that Mulcahey is back because he did excellent work on GH in the 1990s and on Santa Barbara (which even Nancy Lee Grahn still raves about).  He should have a fresh canvas of characters, so I hope Flynn, Valentine, Drew, Nina, Willow, Ava, Portia, Diane, Marshall and Stella all get axed soon.

Edited by BrendaB

• Members

I'm very interested to see what changes in personnel will be made. Also since Douglas Marland was PM's mentor I wonder if he follows Marland's "rules" to run a show because one of them is basically not to change the canvas immediately but to wait a bit. I think he says 6 months which might be overly long for today. That said is it of much benefit to lose people who are on recurring and/or have extremely low guarantees? And, who is Flynn? Did you mean to type Finn? Typos, gotta live with 'em. 

Also it's the 3rd day of a new month. Look how many posts have been made!!! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

You know, maybe some of y'all were right?  Maybe the network DID look at the shows that were scab-written and realized how much better they were than the ones head-written by Van Etten and O'Connor.

• Members

I know you are, for some reason, disinclined to believe it, but Frank looked at the scab written show & saw real difference & then as soon as the scabs left & D&C returned he began thinking ... that was right almost to Xmas & then in Jan. something happened that cinched it. 

Of course, I too would love to know who wrote struck GH & also who wrote struck DAYS

• Members

Sheri Anderson was not the head writer although she was one of the scab writers. If anyone was head writer, it was Albert Alarr.

I am surprised GH was able to get rid of Dan and Chris so soon after the strike. 

• Members

Love hearing this. And I even like the idea of a decision that is made this way where one is considering things over some time & then some event occurs & the decision gets made. 

So, yesterday a writer hollered at me & said they couldn't see any way that the new Mulcahey/Korte material could possibly air before mid-March but they reckoned that re-written D&C material could air earlier that that like the article was saying March 4. And to me that writer made a lot of sense. And I thanked them for reaching out & went on my way.