2024: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Ficore lists kept getting mentioned and then buried in the huge combined SON thread for the 2023 writers and actors strikes.  And they got mentioned and buried in the SON 2023 writers thread.  Instead of listing it here in the 2024 writers thread,
I made a separate thread at this link:

• Members
Posted (edited)

Days credits today

Ron Carlivati

Ryan Quan
Jeanne Ford
Kate Schock
Fran Myers

Sonja Alarr
Kirk Doering
Jamey Giddens
Dave Kreizman
Henry Newman
Dave Ryan
and
Chris Dunn

Appears they eliminated breakdown positions and rehired Jamey as script writer, moved Dunn and Ryan to script writers.  And Sheri Anderson (who may have been on scab staff) is not with the return writers...at this point anyway.

Edited by VelekaCarruthers

• Administrator

Yeah, it does seem DAYS was trying the "Griffith-way" by having a low amount of breakdown writers.  But we know Jamey leaves and then comes back as a breakdown writer.  And I don't see the show keeping Sonja, so they probably had to wait until her cycle was up.  I'd be shocked if she's still writing right now. 

• Members

Being cognizant that we're not supposed to use this particular thread for a lot of "talking about" I would just mention why is this a thing today? We've known for ages that Jamey was back because he posted about it at the time. The only thing that surprised me is that he was gone so short a time! And, then, boom, he was back. 

@VelekaCarruthers Thanks for posting full writing credits from today.

• Administrator

@JAS0N47 When was Fran Myers listed as Script Editor?  Was it May 31, or was it when the first SW was listed on May 17? 

I hate it that people who upload episodes cut out the end credits.  LOL

• Administrator

It should! LOL But not everyone cares about credits like we do.  I guess beggars can't be choosers because it's the only way I get to watch the show. 

Thanks.   I have no real opinion of her as a script editor.   It's hard to judge that position.   Another question, did all the script writers return on May 17?

• Members

Yesterday was the first day that there was more than one writer listed. It appeared to be the full list. It is what Veleka posted. Before that, we had one writer per day listed & the names varied. 

If there is ever a specific show that you want to see "better" or different, we can just decide on a time & I will open a zoom & set the Hulu episode to play & you can watch it that way off of my legal episode. Meanwhile I will just go about my business. 

• Members

Prior to May 31, Fran was listed just once as a script writer on May 24.  She was back in her regular spot as script editor on May 31.

No. They were each credited one per episode with the title Script Writer from May 17 to May 30.

5/17/24: Sonja Alarr
5/20/24: Dave Ryan
5/21/24: Henry Newman
5/22/24: Kirk Doering
5/23/24: Christopher Dunn
5/24/24: Fran Myers
5/27/24: David Kreizman
5/28/24: David Kreizman
5/29/24: Dave Ryan
5/30/24: Sonja Alarr
5/31/24: Christopher Dunn