The Long Awaited JUDITH CHAPMAN LOVE THREAD

SuperFlyChad

• Members

:D ITA

Would I like her if she played someone else? Probably. The fact is though, her entire acting style rubs me the wrong way. She overacts sometimes which bothers me. But the fact is she did change the character of Gloria a lot and she's just wrong for the part.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
She's only playing what the writing is giving her. As good as JVA was she was a limited actress, and probably wouldn't be able to put up with all this stuff going on now.

GO Kenny! :D She's soooo melodramatic that it's delicious, I'd love to see her on broadway or something, there is over-doing it and then over-doing it well, and she does it SO well. She plays it off very good that she has garnered numerous fans. LLC=Long Live Chapman

Egads! I know she overacts but she does it good. It goes great with the writing, I loved the scenes where she stood up to Tom at the Abbotts home with Michael looking on the sidelines. And she didn't change the character per se, the WRITERS did, so we can't fault JC here. LLC! :D

THANKS FOR STOPPING IN GUYS & SPREAD LE CHAPMAN LOVE WORLDWIDE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

• Members

Joan Van Ark limited? Not by a long shot. I think what she did in one year for a short term character was amazing. If it wasn't for her doing so well in the role, we wouldn't have John/Gloria, those amazing scenes with her sons or Judith Chapman in the role now.

I remember in all her interviews, she couldn't wait to do John's big reveal and making up with Michael, so I definitely think she could handle it. She proved on Knots Landing that she can handle ANYTHING they throw at her, even when they had her stir-frying the twins' hermit crabs. She's one the best, most versatile actresses I've ever seen.

This is probably why I hate her. I mentioned long ago that she reminds me of Gloria Swanson and I HATE Gloria Swanson. I love classic films (especially Hitchcock), but I'm not a fan of that brand of acting. It's annoying and over the top, IMO. There is a reason it's not a popular acting style right now.

I wonder if she's always acted this way. Have yall seen her in any other roles? I am just dying to see her on Ryan's Hope though, I hear nothing but good things about her there. Sounds like she was nothing like Gloria. Woohoo!

Archived