Y&R: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Same although we did get spoiled with two 1993 episodes already I suppose. This time period in 2003 was actually fantastic to watch. I remember the Nikki/Sharon rivalry being at its height over the preparation of this gala made more fun by a maturing Cassie keeping Sharon in check (I think Cassie had just met her bio dad) while bringing a date with her to the gala. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So glad they singled out the WAY OVERUSED business plotlines. I'm SO TIRED of hearing about mergers, takeovers, CEOs, COOs, and people changing jobs. I could care less about any of these stories. The show needs to get out of the boardroom and back into the bedroom, so to speak. I mean, how many people are on the edge of their seat about who's going to work next at Chancellor-Winters, Newman, Jabot, etc etc? Anybody???

I agree about Tucker. In general, I like the character and the actor. I thought he had great chemistry with ED, but he's not well-defined. What does he really want and why???

I've loved the Claire/Eve story, too. I just wish they would have dragged it out for a few more story beats before revealing the truth. I would have liked Aunt Jordan to come to town first and watch her wiggle her way into GC society, and THEN turn everyone's lives upside down. Imagine if she had first befriended Nikki first, gained her trust, and THEN got her to fall off the wagon. It would have given CZ more to work with versus being a one-note villian.

• Members

November 10-15, they were filming little Christmas-season greetings/promos.
For example, B&B and Y&R did the above promo for French television.

Please register in order to view this content

As Mark G said on his IG story in November,
they filmed fun little promos for the holidays.

Seems they did this instead of storyline spoiler promos.

This one is in two parts, for Canadian viewers.
You can tell this was filmed in November.
(Camryn has since given birth).

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Danny and Cricket stuff is so good and tugs at my heartstrings. They are my fave Y&R couple and I appreciate that we’re getting an actual story and not some slapdash reunion.

I also like that Phyllis’ original psychotic persona has been restored. Stafford is great with the dead eyes and blank expression which make Phyllis look like a total sociopath. Only Kimberlin Brown does it better.

I also love that Vail Bloom is back as Heather. She and Chris Engen’s Adam were fire.

Wait, what?? Was Raul going to be the 1986 baby??? Ronan?!

• Members

Nikki didn’t even flinch when Jordan referred to Nick as her “idiot son”, which admittedly, made me giggle.

For the longest time, when I looked at ZS as Audra, I had the feeling that she reminded me of someone. Now I know who…Jocelyn Seagrave as Julie Camaletti on GL when she became embittered after Dylan dumped her when she got caught cheating on him with Hart Jessup.

Edited by DramatistDreamer