Y&R: ATWT alum joins

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jordan hit Cole in the head with a hammer and later revealed she is Eve Howard's sister and she's been waiting 40 years for this. She revealed she poisoned the Newman's and will watch them die.  At the end Claire brought Cole out. Victoria asks what he's doing here. 

Claire: "he had to be here for the family reunion...didn't he mother?" 

• Members

We had to endure the Diane return and now this.

Digging into the past shouldn't mean coming up with dumb retcons that resurrect dead characters.

Interesting to see if Eve has more longevity than Allie.

And the explanation as to why Jordan has waited decades for revenge, which at this point consists of gathering the Newmans together and poisoning them.

• Members

Poetic that Victoria now has a devil child aka her very own *Adam*!

Perhaps, Victoria will develop some empathy and understand why Victor could never give up on Adam.

Zero issue with making Eve alive. For soaps, this is less retcon and more like the original writers left that door open intentionally. Victoria told Nikki she never held her baby. The baby was born alive on screen and *died* off-screen.

The Newman family really needed a shake up. Let's see if they can actually *deliver*

• Members

Well the next back from the dead characters I want back are Brad and Colleen. They could easily say they had to fake their deaths because the Nazis were back after them

Please register in order to view this content

AND have Traci know they were just faking their deaths, she’s known all along they were alive she just had to play the part lol.

But you’ve got a point. However retcon Abbott characters like Theo and Allie don’t last, but it seems like Newman ones like Mariah do. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Well, I will say Camryn Grimes is an infinitely better actor than Theo or Allie.

As these things go (even though I hate this type of story) I wouldn't mind Colleen. At least that's a character with a history. I really find it ghoulish that the writers go through show history and are like "ohhh dead baby from 1998, there's a storyline we can build on!" It's just a step away from dead fetus stuff. Maybe Ashley's baby survived the fireplace and Adam is innocent... *barfs* Or, Christine's miscarried baby that Neil and Nikki killed in a car accident is living with Paul in Portugal. *shudder*

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Oh no doubt, but I had really wanted Mariah to just be Cassie, whisked away by Ian Ward as revenge. Same thing with Hilary/Amanda, these twin retcons are just obnoxious. 

Bringing back a character who was a presumed dead baby in soaps isn’t new, I mean Marland was highly successful with the twist of Sabrina Hughes being alive and well. But we all know Josh Griffith is definitely no Doug Marland so brace for the worst, especially since this story seems like it’s about to move at lightning speed here into December. 

• Members

It just seems like Y&R has a recent history of hiring writers who either don’t know the show they are writing for, (its history, character development) or are simply incapable of writing good stories. I realize there are challenges to writing for a series that has been on the air for several decades but why are the stories simultaneously bland and outrageously nonsensical?