B&B September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Odd because although cheesy I tuned in.  I’m in the group that is tired of - that includes Steffy in the group always solely reserved for Liam and Hope.  Yea we’ve done someone needs to hold someone’s hand to design (Ridge and Caroline).  But it could have the possibility of addressing age-ism in the workplace. 

It won’t but I am intrigued with something different.  And I’m also tired of unshaven unsavory looking Ridge - kinda not fashion designer looking + creepy skeevy son.  

The fashion design battle should involve Sally but they were stupid - so getting some piece of the original concept of the show - I’ll take. I still prefer my idea of secret designer Sally instead. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ridge threw out Eric’s original favorite stapler because it was old. Apparently Eric had that stapler since day one and had some meaning for Eric…? Anyways Eric went on some tantrum about the stapler getting thrown out because it was old and used it as some metaphor for Ridge pushing Eric out. 

Last week we had a moment when Ridge picked up a stapler he imagined Eric working away at his desk. 

You can’t make this up.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Imagine the day Brooke realizes her vagina has completely dried out and cant perform. Then Ridge could look in nostalgia and have these sexy flashbacks.  

I am kidding... but its on the level of the [!@#$%^&*] they are putting forward these days.

• Members

At least this Eric story is something other than someone being mad that their SO kissed someone else. I'm glad John McCook is getting stories at this age and his acting is better than ever.

What is with the constant references to the Forrester blood though? Are they trying to soft retcon the Marone story? And it's not Eric having dementia because Ridge and his kids talk the same way.

• Members

To recap on the Stapler-Gate drama courtesy of the 8/24 recap:

Ridge says his dad has inspired him his whole life but he should inspire his grandkids and relax and take it easy.

He gets a call and takes off, leaving Eric hanging. When he returns, Eric thinks Ridge feels that his contributions are not needed anymore.

Ridge denies that but the people he hired are doing their jobs and it’s working.

“Go play golf,” he says. “I’m not some old dinosaur,” Eric argues. Ridge didn’t mean to put him out to pasture.

Eric looks for his stapler and Ridge says it was gone a few weeks ago when it stopped working.

Eric barks, “It was worn so you threw it out? You gonna do that with me too, Ridge?”

And on 8/25:

At Forrester Creations, Ridge and his father argue about him throwing away his stapler.

It has been with Eric since he started there and has symbolic meaning.

The past needs to be valued not just thrown away.

And then on 9/8:

At Forrester, Brooke tells Ridge it's time to get back to work. He approaches and hands her a stapler, and looks back. As Brooke staples, Ridge envisions Eric at his desk...

And finally yesterday 9/11:

Ridge reflects on the good time they had in there as kids. He tells Thomas about the stapler Eric had on his desk. Someone threw it out and it meant a lot to him. Thomas says that’s too bad. 

Bill Bell is now spinning retrograde in his grave.

• Members

Gotta agree about John McCook in these scenes. He's done some decent work at BOLD, but this ain't it LOL He's chewing through those scenes like a man who's terminal and has to get it all in this week.

I'd love to see a serious story about design, but again, we're given scenes that are just ludicrous and laughable.

Eric is talking his sketch to RJ in the living room? While Brooke comes in and nicely tells him he needs a vacation? Meanwhile, that whole open scene with Ridge and Thomas fixing and finishing designs in Ridge's office. I mean, who does that? Nothing's really ever done.

Oh, I forgot. Today Ridge CHANGED THE MODEL'S EARRINGS!!! Fashion nirvana!!! No designer wall of accessories -- just a small case with about 6 pairs of earrings. Whew! Glad the right ones were there!

With Eric and Ridge fighting for Forrester's "vision," how the hell this company stays in business, I'll never know.

• Members

The fashion on this show has never been good.  I can remember exactly zero show stoppers and everything has always looked like Dynasty 1982.  Remember when Quinn would sit and stare at pieces of plastic and metal through a little monocle?  And they’d put a pathetic triangle earring on someone like it was transforming because Quinn and Wyatt make such beautiful jewelry? 

I saw Ridge playing in a pouch of something and the camera panned up to see me terrible hot pink thing. Garish.  But I watched because it’s not Sheila, Liam, Hope, Steffy or Finn - in no particular order - no exactly that order.   I tuned in sporadically to see how they would explain away Sheila again and then catching endings.  I predict the show stoppers - Eric will design for the almost imaginary Donna showstopper and Ridge will design for Brooke and both will want their man to win.  Brooke has cold feet about going onstage wearing the gown because of Eric really wanting to do well.  No one available to wear the gown, (contrived there are no more models) - Taylor appears to fill in Ridge in person about Steffy’s new life (maybe with Steffy in tow as a surprise - hey if it’s one month from now?).  Ridge asks her to wear it, please - Brooke won’t for Donna’s sake—  Taylor puts the gown on with no real detail about what’s been going on.