ARTICLE: Jon Lindstrom Reveals Cover of Debut Novel, ‘Hollywood Hustle’

• Webmaster
Jon Lindstrom, Kevin Collins, General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GH60, #GeneralHospital, Hollywood Hustle

EXCLUSIVE: “Hollywood Hustle,” the debut novel written by “General Hospital” star Jon Lindstrom (Kevin Collins), is set for release on February 6, 2024, wherever books are sold, Soap Opera Network has learned. In fact, we have your first look at the cover and a tease of what readers can expect from the actor-turned-novelist himself!

A gripping thriller set in the dark underbelly of the Hollywood scene, “Hollywood Hustle” is a propulsive and tense thriller that will transport readers to the seedier side of Los Angeles, depicted in bold prose by an insider. The story follows Winston Greene, a has-been film star who wakes one morning to find his six-year-old granddaughter at his bedside—traumatized, unattended, and gripping onto a thumb drive. She comes bearing video proof that her mother, Win’s troubled adult daughter, has been kidnapped by a murderous gang demanding all his “movie money” for her safe return. But they don’t know it’s all gone, long gone. Unable to go to the police for fear the kidnappers will make good on their promise to kill his daughter, Winston turns to two close friends—a legendary Hollywood stuntman and a disgraced former LAPD detective who used to consult on Win’s cop films. There’s no easy way out for Winston or his daughter—the gang is violent and willing to do anything to get the money they’re after, and Winston begins to realize that to get his daughter back, he’ll have to beat the kidnappers at their own game.

Acquired for publication by Crooked Lane Books, “Hollywood Hustle” is the perfect match for fans of similar novels written by the likes of Alex Finlay and Jeffrey Deaver.

“Writing a novel has been unlike any other creative endeavor I’ve undertaken, and I’ve tackled more than a few,” Lindstrom tells Soap Opera Network of his foray into fiction writing. “There are certainly some similarities between how books, movies and TV are brought to the public, but they end there. The biggest difference I’ve seen is the unconditional support the literary world gives to writers!”

As for working with the team at Crooked Lane Books, he notes, “They have shown me nothing but love and encouragement. And the care and consideration they’ve given to this journey is beyond description. I mean … just look at that cover! It rocks!”

Hollywood Hustle, Jon Lindstrom, Kevin Collins, General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GH60, #GeneralHospital, #HollywoodHustle
“Hollywood Hustle” (Book Cover)
Courtesy of Crooked Lane Books

Explaining his journey into writing, Lindstrom says he pretty much went the traditional route. “I just wanted to spend some time writing down a story every day, and ‘Hollywood Hustle’ is what it became. Then a few authors I know, like Alex Finlay, advised me to go to book conferences, meet some people, and pitch my books to agents, so that’s what I did.” He adds, “I went to ThrillerFest in NYC in the summer of 2022, and met a wonderful agent, Liza Fleissig. We worked together on some edits for a couple of months, and then she submitted the manuscript to only a few houses, including Crooked Lane.”

After a meeting with the publisher’s senior editor Jess Verdi, Lindstrom says, “It was instantly crystal clear that she completely got my book, and that Crooked Lane was the publisher for me. I hope to be with them (and Liza) for my entire novel writing career. (And isn’t “Crooked Lane” a great name for a publisher?)”

In addition to the above cover reveal, Soap Opera Network has an exclusive excerpt from Chapter 2 of “Hollywood Hustle,” which you can read below.

To pre-order your very own copy of “Hollywood Hustle,” click here (purchase options include Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target and Walmart, among others). The hardcover novel retails for $29.99 and will be available wherever books are sold upon release.

Note: The post Jon Lindstrom Reveals Cover of Debut Novel, ‘Hollywood Hustle’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days