General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes!  Eddie Maine wasn't a separate identity.  At best Eddie Maine was a character Ned played, but Ned was fully aware of his life as Ned and fully aware Eddie Maine wasn't 'real'.  And basically Eddie was a rockstar wearing leather pants not a jerk, so none of this makes sense.  If Ned somehow thought it was 1995 I could understand it a little, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  This was never a Jess/Tess or Vicki situation so it's almost insulting to me to use history like that in such a wrong way.

I would love it if he was playing a game to screw Nina though.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Soap characters no longer have any integrity but I'd be pretty upset about Ned allowing his autistic son to be traumatized by his father's rejection. So it'll probably happen.

And I don't think the show is trying to say that Eddie Maine was ever a separate personality for Ned, just that the head trauma has caused him to disassociate. I would have preferred your 1995 idea @carolineg. If they'd secured Rena Sofer he could have woken up calling for Lois (or Katherine even), asked Tracy when she got so old, wondering how the hell Lois convinced him to name their child "Brooklyn". It would've been fun!

• Members

That's where I thought it was going and people would have to tell him everything that happened since 1995 lol.  That would have been lighthearted and silly! The story would have the same impact (Ned not remembering Nina called the SEC), but Ned wouldn't be a jerk and hurt everyone he loves.

• Members

It's even more of a bummer for me because I like the idea of Ned thinking he's Eddie Maine and the silliness of him thinking it's 1995 and in his 30's.  I want scenes of him trying to piece together his life that last 30 years.  I don't want him thinking he's Eddie Maine and being an absolute ass to everyone.  This is such an example of using history very poorly without any research.

Listen, at this point, I am shocked Scout even knows who Drew is.  He was MIA for years.   I am sure Scout will do just fine without him.  It's not like Sam cares about Drew at all either lol.  When CM and KeMo are in scenes together I can't even believe he was a character she was in love with. 

• Members

In fairness I forget who Scout is every time she's offscreen (and often when she is onscreen unless they specifically name her or she calls someone Mommy or Daddy). I spent ten minutes trying to figure out who the little boy was with Obrecht at Kelly's a couple weeks ago too. Too many fuckin' kids!

Edited by Vee

• Members

I literally don't think I have ever seen Scout or know what she looks like.  I hear her spoken about, but I don't even know what Danny looks like either.  

To be fair, I think the little boy was a first day recast of Maxie's kid so that's actually understandable.  Don't know Maxie's kid's name though.

• Members

Drew is like a character that I can't seem to grasp why he's on there. Is it because he's Cameron Mathison? I dunno. I guess as a new viewer, I'm not understanding the purpose. I guess the writers are trying to make fetch happen. 

https://giphy.com/clips/paramountmovies-mean-girls-paramount-pictures-movies-lGpcMa2ksX8RjUaTDg

Edited by Noel

• Members

Drew is on the show because he's Cameron Mathison and Carly needs a love interest. He's nothing outside of that. And I hate him. CamMat is not a good actor, that was obvious yesterday when KeMo even in her running on fumes state state out-acted him.

I only know who Donna is because of that name (RIP to that member of the GH staff but no one is naming their kid Donna in 2023, especially on a soap opera) and she's younger than the other two who are truly interchangeable. Just two brunette children. This show is drowning in brown-haired children with no purpose. Back in the day Liz's kids, who are teenagers in real time mind you, would be kicking off a summer story. But the cast is too top-heavy for any of that. Can't write for teenagers when Robert is in the middle of a lukewarm romance with bit player Diane or Jordan is on everyday stinking up our screens with her who cares romance with Portia's brother (this actor is great, he deserves a better pairing).

Leo is the only child on the show with any personality.

I know it won't happen, on a better show it would, but I'd love it if Taggert's new position as police commissioner lead him to finally taking down Sonny. A 30 year old feud finally comes to a head as he institutes a task force to bring down Corinthos Coffee.

It will forever bother me that they've made NOTHING out of his daughter dating a man related to two people he can't stand.