Y&R: spoiler about absent character

• Members

As I've said in their threads, GH is in a unique position in that they've either lost or pushed out certain vets and now, suddenly, as if by osmosis or fluke accident they have a very strong core of older veterans whose characters all have very close friendships which we watched onscreen for decades and who are still regularly featured onscreen. If you'd told me ten years ago and especially fifteen that Mac, Felicia, Kevin, Lucy and Anna's various longtime friendships would form the backbone of the show's veteran corps I would not have believed you. But people watched Felicia and Anna, Mac and Kevin, Felicia and Lucy, etc. all become beloved friends for decades. They know those relationships are 100% real. And they are serviced very regularly onscreen. That's a rare thing and I think it's at least half by accident due to other actors who have been lost and needing JJY/KW, Finola, Lynn, etc. to shore up the vets. To say nothing of Laura, who while her role is not perfect is 100% central and integral across the whole canvas today. Every other day people are talking to Laura, taking Laura's orders, Laura is running the town, etc.

Y&R hasn't been able to do anything like that, and it's sad.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Update:  Lucy reappears in Genoa City week of April 10 for (FakeDead) Phyllis' memorial service.
The preview video shows Lucy arriving and her father Daniel being surprised. I'm curious what (if anything) will be said about Paul remaining in Portugal?