Good & Bad Paternity/Maternity Reveals & Changes

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed. They tried t make him Luke. It's clear the the writers hated the Quartermaines for no reason but they had something against the Spencers too. The destruction of Luke & Laura, followed by the distruction of Lucky and Liz, Jake's death, Lucky's pill addiction, coupled with the nihlistic attitudes of Luke and Lucky were all nails in the coffin. Add the Fluke/Bill mess under Frank and the Spencers were broken. The only long running non Cornithos family to survived the last two regimes seems to be the Cassedines. 

SB: If only Cameron read Joss for filth the way Lucky did to Liz!

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Thank you and agreed! The best part about the reveal of Parker being Phillip’s son was seeing Peggy McCay going above and beyond to play a nasty, bitter, resentful, and vindictive Caroline as she revealed why she switched the test results to Stephanie in a very chilling scene. 

The fact the show changed that a few years later all to prop up Daniel and manufacture tension for Nicole and Chloe was really really lame. 

I’m not even sure what the point of Summer was. 

• Members

I'm sorry, Caroline Brady altered paternity test results?  What?!!  Was Sami on the show at this point, to bond with her grandma over the experience?

I shouldn't judge not having seen it, but I have to say that sounds like a parody of what is sooo wrong about soaps' continued reliance on paternity mysteries after the general public became aware of DNA.  In hindsight, this is actually an (indirect) effect you could legitimately say the OJ trial had on the genre long-term.  Instead of recognizing that those stories were anachronistic and coming up with something new, most writers doubled down.  By the end of the '90s virtually anybody and everybody in a soap town could walk into a hospital lab and successfully switch test results with the click of a button, regardless of their education, security clearance, or lack thereof.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

I don't want to be struck in prisoner of the moment, but I think a current one is right up there in the bad. Carly getting a free pass in eight minutes for keeping this a secret for eight months. No fallout. No payoff. Nobody on Nina's side mad at her. Everyone kissing Carly's ass. It was revenge. Plain and simple. How they have worked overtime whitewash and protect her is ludicrous. No mention of the countless times she has kept parents from their kids like it's a one off. She loves to play judge and jury on who has the right to know about their family. It turns my stomach how they've twisted this. 

Edited by Vince79