Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Kristen tried to blackmail EJ that she would reveal to Stefan ... that EJ had learned a long while ago (but had kept silent) about what Rolf had done to Stefan.  But instead of submitting to the blackmail, EJ told Stefan the truth, so that Kristen would have nothing to blackmail EJ about.

After telling Stefan the truth,  EJ explained to Stefan that it was just business, wanting control of DiMera, etc, and nothing personal.  Stefan said he understood that perspective and they looked up at Stefano's portrait.  Stefan said he'd forgive EJ, and they agreed to be partners as co-CEOs running DiMera. 
But ... after EJ left the room, Stefan said to himself that he'd get revenge on EJ for keeping silent all that time about what Rolf did.  That's why Stefan is drugging EJ.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adding onto that, Stefan's strategy is to use the drugged drinks to make EJ become erratic and disoriented so that EJ cannot function properly running DiMera ... with Stefan's final goal for the DiMera board to decide EJ is incompetent or unreliable - and oust him from being co-CEO.  Then Stefan would become the sole CEO.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So, is this February Sweeps for DAYS? People getting tipsy and making immediate stupid choices? Why do I feel like this plot is repeated over and over and over? I wonder how many times this same plot has been written under different headwriters for DAYS in the past.

I don't have much to comment on these days. I mean, what's given is given I suppose. I will admit that there are some occasions where I wonder if Kenny G is the oboe player in the ending credits, but that's pretty much about it. 

• Members

This, that we thought was happening in March, with the BS2 crew of Megan, Bo, Hope, Harris Michaels, etc. may just be the first "peacock-written" scripts. And, it's just getting underway the last week in Feb. instead of March. Nope, when it plays it says Feb. 14 & it has a balloon saying 30 days, which puts us back in March, where we thought we would be. 

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

It's well-known that almost every newer actor on DAYS gets only a one-year contract.  I can't say that's an ironclad rule but it's generally been happening over the past several years.  They haven't signed anyone for a 3-year or 4-year contract in a long time.  (I don't know the deal with RSW but he could *maybe* have been an exception?).

It's dumb because then the younger talent leaves for other opportunities.  But that's what Days does.

I think Lindsay Arnold must be on good terms with DAYS. I don't think she has taped an episode in several months, but she attended the show's official cast&crew Christmas party on the set, on Dec. 15.  There were lots of pictures.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Such a powerful storyline too. I felt their breakup which wept me in tears. I cried for hours because life wasn't fair. If Allie and Chanel can't have it in this life, then I can't have it either! I was in pain, agony, and despair, and I prayed to God while looking up at the Northern Star on a cold, clammy night in hopes that Allie and Chanel would find their way back to each other.