Romantic chemistry that survived recasts

• Members

SJB’s Carly had the edge to be just slightly dangerous as the wife of a mob boss.  If they were being shot at I can easily imagine her Carly firing away.  Not to mention any antics she would get up to during one of Sonny’s mental health breaks, which happened more frequently back then.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Missy Reeve's Jennifer had good chemistry with both Mark Valley and Matthew Ashford.   In fact, right when she quit suddenly, the triangle was moving into a new chapter with Jennifer marrying Peter after finding out about Jack/Laura when she hesitated marrying Peter.  Then Stephanie Cameron came in and looked like Missy, but didn't have Missy's spark nor energy.. and it made the next couple of years drag in that story (though Cameron and Valley had some degree of chemistry.. Cameron and Davidson didn't have the friendship chemistry that Davidson/Reeves did).

Jill/Frank on RH actually survived with Frank # 3 and # 5 having great chemistry with Jill... while Frank #4 had more chemistry with Jill's half sister Maggie (and the performs are married in real life).

Also, I agree with Ed/Maureen surviving the chemistry test with Peter Simon/Ellen Dolan.. and Peter Simon/Ellen Parker having different, yet effective chemistry.  While I think Ed/Holly's chemistry was there with both Mart H and Maureen G.. and Peter Simon and Maureen G just in a different way (longing/romantic with Mart/Maureen, and warmth/friendship with Peter/Maureen).

• Members

Amber and Rick from The Bold and the Beautiful! I never really felt Jacob and Adrienne but still liked them. But when Justin took over. Oh hallelujah! They had chemistry!

Adam/Chelsea on Y&R! I really liked the first version but with Hartley it was put on to a whole another level!