Fan Thoughts: What We Fans Want For GH's 60th & Y&R's 50th Anniversaries

• Members

Why Not? Maybe by a miracle, Someone from the Production sees it and tries to realize one or two of our ideas but let's all be honest on what we think would be great for The Milestones of these 2 shows that are now less than 6 months shy

Me? Oh, On Y&R some Fosters, and Brooks, and Maybe some of the Greats that started on this show reappearing, and some of the classic Music Cues and Sets Appearing

ON GH? I Honestly don't think i Know Enough to state an Opinion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t want anything from GH right now. I don’t even want old fan favorites back coz they get ruined anyway. (Like Jack Wagner as Frisco at the 50Th!)

Y&R on the other hand could make me happy if they would give Jill actually something big to do. I want Jill be involved in the anniversary 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

It's funny you should say that. 

I got a peek at one of the latest SOD. And one of the writers was talking about what we have been discussing about her here. The lack of her being in her story. The fact that she apparently vanished after the (just viewed on my end) scene of her in the stairwell. The fact she did not get a 25th anniversary episode.

I took two things from it. 

1) I think she was the blind item we were discussing in the Spoiler thread about someone not waiting to return to play story. Well if the writers are adamant that this secret is tied to said legacy character well *cough*recast*cough* So it does sound like they are stalling her storyline to figure out what to do with that angle. 

2) He seem adamant she wanted to do something with Liz for her 25th anniversary so it's going to be continuous throughout the year. See Number 1. If it is stalled how? And if he wanted to continue celebrating Liz's existence...they could be doing more. Lucky mentions. Tieing in her kids. Maybe flashbacks of love interests? Things to make you go hmmm.

• Members

Hehe. It does look at devil horns. 

That's what it sounds to me. If it IS the case of the legacy character and they are not at all interested...it would be simple to recast, use the established history since some of the characters they interacted with are still around, and THEN build it around Elizabeth and the reveal. Kinda like how they slowly built Victor back in originally before he vanished...he had six months of story versus Scott, Anna, Valentina, and then focused it all on Laura fighting over the Cassandines. 

• Members

Becky said in an interview the writers have NO idea where they're going with this story. She asked for direction for it and they basically said they were just winging it.

I'm paraphrasing of course

Sorry you don't recast Liz, you know what a backlash that would cause, that'd be like recasting Laura or Scotty 

• Members

It seems like Victor's storyline was rewritten too. What happened to Drew's activation and the thing from his past that Victor needs? And Hayden's disappearance? Holly's kidnapping?

That's what I want to see for the 60th anniversary: No more dropped storylines

• Members

Well, they dealt with some of Drew's activation...rushed though it was. I honestly feel the Hayden storyline won't be brought up until it's time to write Victor out. And I was just thinking about Holly and that story thread yesterday funnily enough. 

I was not meaning recast Liz silly.

Please register in order to view this content

I don't know if you were in the spoiler thread when those blind items drop. And I don't know who read them or not so I am purposely being vague on the contents. I would be LIVID over a Liz recast. 

I think I have that interview sitting around somewhere. You now make me want to see if I do to read it. But what I read from the writer was written in the last week or so. 

• Members

Emma Samms got a very bad case of "long Covid" and couldn't film.
(putting detail behind the spoiler tag so as not to derail this "future anniversary" thread.)

Please register in order to view this content

I guess we can hope that she's recovered enough to return to GH by the time the GH 60th anniv is filmed.