• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, whatever happens, I'm sure it will be forgettable. Seriously. I don't get (as @carolineg has expressed) this show's pacing. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a front-burner storyline, but the they vanished for a month. A month! It took from May 18th to Juneteenth for Eli, Lani, Abe, and Paulina to finally show back up on canvas. So, these two actors are leaving? Okay. Take care. Buh-bye. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

I didn't realize that. There are times when I watch a little bit of B&B every now and then and I did watch an episode of Y&R on Pluto TV two months ago. I think with Y&R, I wasn't paying much attention to the acting but more intrigued with the sets than anything else. It was bizarre.

I'm more into DAYS as Queen Kristen (Eileen Davidson) gave me some of the best years of my life in REAL LIFE! I was quite the fun scandal! 

• Members

B&B will just go in circles for months and months (Brooke tearfully stumbling around her home, muttering to herself, “How could I have possibly relapsed?” for literally weeks), then have a flurry of activity, then more wheel spinning.

Y&R is a mostly directionless, momentum-free flatline, although it recently got a small burst of energy from Diane’s return (when Susan Walters isn’t on, it’s like someone took the batteries out of the show).

GH bites off way more than it can chew with that massive cast of nobodies and filler. The whole Sprina/Esme/Ryan story is beyond exhausting. Some of the issues stem from lack of actor availability on these shows, I know.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

So, in other words, all three of them sound a lot like DAYS

Believe me, I wish I could get into another soap. If I could, I would want it to be a new soap, but that's not going to happen unless it's streaming on Netflix, Hulu, or another streaming service. I don't know if The Bay is a soap, but that one sucks so hard.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I never really consistently watched The Good Wife. I’ve started it on Paramount+, and I’m enjoying it episode to episode. Really well-drawn and well-observed dynamics between the characters.

Sorry to derail the thread. You brought it back to DAYS

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It was ridiculous that so much time went by without being updated, then BOOM things happened & information was imparted & then it was on to new status where Lani had confessed & changed everything. I think fans have been seeing problems with pacing soap-wide for all of 2022.

Now on GH that the whole ELQ/Valentin & Ned versus everyone else has exploded a great many more things are now exhausting, too! GH limps along with tons of exposition for weeks & then there's a BOOM. DOOL has got that 7 month lag-time & the rotation of actors on & off. Plain ole ordinary pacing doesn't stand a chance!

• Members

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad. Actually, no it's ridiculous. Why or how should a viewer care about a storyline that seems to wrap itself up in only two episodes? Is it actually done and over with? The last time I saw, Lani and Eli were in that interrogation room that seems to be the set of the century, lol! They should just make it a break room where employees buy a bag of Wise pretzels, or Dolly Madison mini donuts from the vending machine and chill out on their work break. Open up a cool can of Shasta

Okay, so Eli and Lani were last seen on Wednesday, June 22nd. This was the episode where she confessed to killing Mr. Mayo with Fries lover. Huh? Are they both just hanging out in that room a week later? Is the Salem P.D. providing Eli and Lani any sleeping accommodations? Who is taking care of the twins? Was Theo Carver's only purpose (from flying in from out of town) was to babysit? Man, if my family did that to me, I'd be so pissed. Actually, my family should. I'd let their kids crayon and marker all over the walls for revenge.