Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not too much exactly. Jill was married into the Abbotts when the original Patty/Jack/Diane triangle went down but I don’t know much Jill had to say in that matter except to complain about Patty moping around all the time lol. Jill and Diane were definitely on opposing sides during the time Brad and Jack took over Newman and had some words with each other for sure, but nothing major. The two overall existed in separate orbits and never had much reason to intersect. 

• Members

I really don’t remember Jill and MW’s Diane interacting at all. Jill was dealing with Colin and the death of Cane followed by arrival of Genevieve

Please register in order to view this content

, while Diane was in bed with all the Newmans. I suppose the only interaction if they had any would be some party or something, so weird to think Diane was also having the occasional one nighters with Tucker. 

Speaking of Lauren, when’s the last time Jill interacted with her?

• Members

Overall the tribute episode was pretty good but it also showed the shortcomings of failing to properly expand the Abbott family as well as the the destruction of the Abbotts over the years.

Ashley should have had at least one more kid in there somewhere…maybe a son by Stephen Lassiter that was raised by Victor while Traci should have had at least two other kids fathered by Steve Connelly.

Brad and Colleen should have never been killed off. Actually Ashley’s son Robert could have easily lived as well. 

Jack Smith, Latham, MAB, and Mal Young all have Abbott blood on their hands. 

I’m still holding out hope that Allie’s mystery mother turns out to be Mari Jo Mason

@YRfan23

• Members

Actually pretty good at the moment, especially since new Summer is such a breath of fresh air, Kyle is more mature now and the return of Diane has really changed up the dynamics. The Abbott family has definitely been energized again, something that’s been needed for a long time now. 

As Y&R’s 50th anniversary approaches it would be great to see Allie and Ashley work in the lab together to come up with a new potion for Jabot while Traci writes a book and finally snags up washed up Danny along the way lol. 

Agreed!! Amazingly the current regime hasn’t shied away from Brad flashbacks before, Idk if it was the Covid reruns or not but Brad flashbacks occurred in the 12000th episode and a couple times last year as well. If there is one thing current Y&R does really well it is nostalgia and acknowledging its past.

• Members

Killing off Colleen and ignoring Keemo all those years were probably the biggest mistakes re The Abbotts as well as the multiple pointless marriages of Jack and Ashley.

Keeping the kids to a minimum looks a wise move in terms of later decisions to give everybody kids - now we have Connor, Chtristian, Johnny, Katie, Reed,Bella,Miles etc who are barely if ever seen and have to be written around.

• Members

Some good flashbacks even though we didnt meditate enough on each scene. 

Lol Ashkey kind of embelleshed how Victor came to be Abby's dad

The anniverasry episodes have been the best episodes in the past few years, as well as the Diane episode with the heavy amount of flashbacks.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Haha right!  the less we say about Genevieve and her famous lip biting…the better! 

i think honestly it was 2017 when Scotty was missing, that we saw Lauren beg Jill for money to help her “nephew” or something like that and Jill had to turn her down…that was the last time I remember them sharing scenes. Sally Sussman wanted to undo that stupid sister stuff, but I guess at least, Young, Griffith and Morina are just ignoring it.

I really hope this coming January we have a 40th anniversary episode for Tracy Bregman/Lauren!