Zach and Simone rumor

• Members

It's from Soaps In Depth.

Will Simone & Zach Take Off Together? In the wake of Ethan's death, Internet rumors have run rampant that the characters pf his father and fiancee might be the next ones to leave Pine Valley. But is there any truth to the gossip? Could be. As their characters seem to get written further into a corner, a source says that Thorsten Kaye and Terri Ivens are both considering leaving. Since joining AMC in 2001, Ivens has seen her character go through a parade of beaus, often lingering in storyline limbo. With a toddler daughter and homes in both New York and California, our source says that Ivens would be happy making her West Coast pad her permanent place. As for Kaye, notes our spy, would also like to return to L.A., where he resided prior to being cast on AMC in May 2004. Our source adds that Kaye grew increasingly frustrated with Zach as a father figure and has expressed interest in joining a California-based show such as GH. An AMC rep had no comment.

So i think the Zach one is a rumor. Unless Thorsten really wants to leave. But i think Simone may leave because Terri hasn't been given anything since she came onto the show.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't put much stock in this crap, cause it's the same magazines who constantly say that Vanessa Marcil is returning, then turn around and say Rebecca Budig is the new Brenda(sorry soap mags can't have it both ways) and this is the same magazine that had Maurice Benard signed, sealed and delivered to Y&R :rolleyes:

Until you hear it from the actors themselves, it's nothing but gossip plain and simple.

Thorsten has almost a year left on his contract, I don't see him going anywhere. I doubt they're going to let an emmy nominated, very popular actor go so easily anyways. Terri possibly since she hasn't had much of a storyline in forever.

Oh that same issue had on the cover Is Frisco Returning? with a picture of Jack Wagner on the cover, so unless Jack's leaving B&B, it's just something to sell mags :rolleyes:

• Members

Going by AMC history I don't know about them letting an Emmy nominated popular actor go. They have lost quite a few Emmy nominated popular actors in the past. Sometimes it can't be helped.

I loved Jack Scalia, and other fans did too. I don't remember if it was the actor's decision to go or the show wanted him gone, but he was a good actor and was popular with many fans. He was also Emmy nominated as Best Lead Actor.

They not only let him go or got rid of him, but they wrote out his only tie to Pine Valley after he was gone. Him being Ryan's father was a very touching story and I loved how it played out and all. In one swoop of McTavish's pen, that story was done away with and Chris Stamp's tie to AMC gone too.

They also couldn't hold on to Josh Duhamel who wanted to go. He was so popular I figured they would have offered him the moon, but I guess nothing would have worked.

I guess the soaps don't have the money they once did - well we know they don't from what is reported. But I can't figure out why they don't offer some of these actors contracts that will allow them to work in primetime and movies so they will stay with the show.

AMC did it with Susan Lucci many times in the past. Even allowing her to work on Dallas (a competing network), and gave her a contract that let her do primetime movies. You just don't see that happening these days and we are losing more and more actors and actresses due to it.

• Members

Yeah but from what I understand Josh's contract was up anyways so they let him leave, and Jack he didn't have that great of a story before he left.

I truly don't see them letting a front burner actor go with a year left on his contract. Maybe if he was backburnered possibly. Plus I don't see Cameron Mathison pimping Zach/Kendall if Thorsten was leaving, he'd be pimping Ryan/Kendall

Susan Lucci, IMO she's in a class by herself, I'd be more surprised if they didn't let her pursue outside ventures while on contract.

• Members

If Thorsten wants to go and Megan has nothing written for him and if Kendell and Zach's relationship is over i really can't see Thorsten staying especially since his one and only tie to Pine Valley is Kendell and they wrote him into a corner as deep as the one he is now.

Zach's one and only story has pretty much been Zendell. while having other side stories the writers didn't see to interested to keep.

I can see Thorsten leaving if he truely wants to go and really wishes to go to California and be over on the other coast.

• Members

Thorsten joined AMC in 2004 right? That puts him with AMC through 2008. I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon. I would love for him to go to GH though should he leave AMC.

As far as Teri Ivens goes, her character has been stuck in limbo probably due to the fact that she has no family on the show and b/c they can never give her a permanent pairing. It's ashame that her talent gets wasted so much. Her character is very popular and should be paired with someone. Perhaps Josh maybe?

• Members

Well spoilers indicate Zach's got some great stuff coming up, and there was something in the spoilers that gives him great stuff through the end of April, so he's got some great stuff coming up.

Also this is the same magazine that INSISTED DI TRULY WAS DIXIE. Their track record is lousy IMO.

Archived