Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Soapsuds yes, it's good to see so many people from way back when still (or again) posting. When I came back to SON few months, I didn't think I'd find anyone who was posting from the early days of SON, but I was wrong, so that was cool  Although I am not sure I remember KevinC? Hmmm...

@KLN It has been long time indeed. Yeah, doing good, thanks! Hope you are too. It has to be like 10 years since we chatted, probably even more. Back in the day when we used to have those group video chats and played online Big Brother hhahaha Fun times!

Speaking of MM and BB, I always thought MM was a decent actress, she just never was Belle to me, even if she was a good casting choice as Marlena's daughter. I remember when we went from KS (to Charity Rahmer, eek!) to MM, it was so jarring becuase Martha was nothing like KS. She was older (and looked it) and while KS was bubbly and sweet, Martha seemed way more mature and serious. They never should have aged Belle and Shawn so much. 

Beermer was okay to me. Never had an issue with him. 

• Members

I have said my piece about MM a million times, but I will agree she looks a lot like Deidre Hall   I also agree she's a good actress but she is/was very mature and almost matronly.   Plus, she used to have the worst haircuts in the mid 2000s.  I find Shawn/Belle to be very sexless as a couple.   They've never had that chemistry together.   Kirsten and Jason had good chemistry together, so that saved that pairing to me in the beginning even if I wasn't a huge KS fan either.  She did sort of embody the innocence and sweetness you would think Jarlena's golden child would have.  I thought Jason Cook was fabulous as Shawn though, but BB has never bothered me much either.  Although he does make Shawn seem dumber.

• Members

Cook was decent for me in small doses but then I got to a point in 2005/2006 I found his acting loud & atrocious and his appearance greasy and unkempt. Beemer was a much welcomed replacement for me. I always found BB sexier and like he’s more subdued (where Cook was always yelling). That said adult Shawn has always been pretty dumb lol. Definitely not the clever kid Collin O’Donnell was.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I thought Cook's Shawn was intelligent at least in the beginning.  Like he always knew Hope was Gina when Bo didn't.   I thought JC was good on GH too when they allowed him to have a story.   BB is definitely sexier, but he's always been wasted on MM, whohe has little chemistry with.

• Members

I think it was that Tropical Temptation Island story where the Last Blast crew became really, really dumbed and as a result suffered for years after that. The Jan paternity mess and Phillip/Cynthia(who I liked) videotapes were just the start of a barrage of bad plots. 

• Members

Agreed.  That's where I kinda thought Shawn started acting dumb with the Jan mess, but he at least showed some smarts when he was first cast.

Beemer is definitely classically hotter, but Jason Cook was always cute.  I always thought he was a great casting choice as Bo/Hope son.  He had a nice blue collar earnestness about him that worked well.