• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I liked it. The pilot was a lot of set-up though and they sent out the first two episodes to critics (episode 2 is also getting an early premiere on Hulu today), so I assume they feel a lot better about episode 2.

Also, what is it with gay boys always siding with their villainous mother?

• Members

I really liked it as well. The last fifteen mins or so were the best as things came together. Lots of "soapy drama" set ups for future eps.. I hope it does well. There's potential. That's more than I could have said after watching some of the other premieres. 

BTW...I might be biased because Scandal is a top 3 show of all-time for me. I love me some Mellie! 

Promised Land has potential. It isn't generic and bland like most of the network tv shows. It definitely belongs on a streaming service. Don't see this lasting on ABC. It's a bit slow. But the show does a nice job setting everything up. The flashbacks worked very well. I like the Falcon Crest vibes with a Spanish flavor to it. Mateo is so cute.

Edited by victoria foxton