The Kane Women of "All My Children" to Join Alan Locher in The Locher Room (July 21)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Susan always has come off as fake to me and just the first few min I've watched didn't change my opinion of her. 

As Sophia would say...I haven't seen this much smiling since the last denture swap at Shady Pines.

A

Susan is what 90? Her skin looks smoother than mine...

She needs to stop stretching her face.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's nice that people grew up watching BTVS, I did too, but there's never been a single shred of evidence to back up SMG's side of the story.

I will always appreciate Sarah for the work she's done on TV and for her intense and fierce defense of the soaps, and I'd welcome her back as Kendall if the AMC primetime thing goes to series, but she beefed with Lucci for clout when no one else has ever said an unkind word about her, AFAIK. That's all there is to it and it's on her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Susan Lucci doesn't seem fake at all to me.  Susan Lucci always seems to be a very nice person. Sarah Michelle Gellar is the only freaking person that has ever said a bad word about La Lucci, which tells me more about Gellar than it does Lucci.  I think Gellar was waaayyy toooo young to play Kendall, and looed like a little girl playing dress up most of her run.  She might be able to do a much better job now, but Alicia Minshew has the looks and talent and carries herself much more like a daughter to Erica Kane.  She doesn't look fake like a lot of actresses due either, with way too much work done, a la Lisa Rinna, Lauren Kolow, Priscilla Presley, Morgan Fairchild,  Melania Trump .    And COME ON, Susan is 74 and looks damn good! 90 WOW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Or they could just not have gotten along? A lot of people seem to have this knee jerk reaction where they have to protect Lucci at all cost, and it's kind of odd. I'm sure many people don't love all of their co-workers in real life too. 

Sarah may have been 'difficult' as well but she also seemed to have fairly positive and life long relationships built on the AMC set too, that have stayed intact through the years. Lucci just isn't one of them. During her time she had a specific cohort group of people who she seemed to bond and gel with better. I don't see why there is a need to demonize Sarah who was a fair bit younger at the time, in order to make sure the Susan shrine shines. Just because Sarah didn't like the face of the show, doesn't mean she didn't have friends there. 

If anything the grace would fall towards Susan as she is the elder, and it would fall upon her to act with maturity and grace with a younger performer. So if this is a 'loss' for Sarah, it would as such be a 'loss' for Lucci too.  

Also status and position play big factors in any set. The fact that Sarah went on to bigger and better things and didn't need the soap [while others did] may have actually been one of the reasons why she felt comfortable being vocal enough to share her experiences. Others could have been scared to vocalize not having a shining experience with Lucci. 

This is ridiculous, Gellar always played the better Kendell, and could act circles around Minshew with her eyes closed, and both her hands and legs tied behind her back. 

Edited by Skin