REPORT: Debbie Matenopoulos in Talks for a Return to ‘The View’ for Show’s Landmark 25th Season, And Another Co-Host to Exit?

• Webmaster
Debbie Matenopoulos, Home & Family

Debbie Matenopoulos is reportedly returning to "The View" for the show's landmark 25th season, plus another co-host might be exiting after Meghan McCain departs.

Note: The post REPORT: Debbie Matenopoulos in Talks for a Return to ‘The View’ for Show’s Landmark 25th Season, And Another Co-Host to Exit? appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hearing speculation that Sara Haines might, yet again, be exiting. This is disappointing news. I enjoy her banter at the table and was happy when she returned once GMA3 was rightfully canceled.
As for Debbie Matenopoulos' return, I will state this: Home & Family was more her speed and the kind of platform that worked well for her. That being said, when she reunited with Joy Behar, Star Jones and Meredith Viera some years back, she did quite well on the panel.

Personally speaking, if Haines does leave, then Matenopoulos is the go-to. If she doesn't, then I don't see why she would be brought on. If I am being honest, I would rather see Ana Navarro-Cárdenas be given a full-time seat at The View.

• Members

I agreed. I'd love to see her back.

If Haines does leave again that would suck. I don't really see her as 'high profile' as much as I adore her. But I guess she could be considering her run on GMA and hosting The Chase in primetime. High profile exit to me would be Whoopi or Joy. My guess would be Joy retiring in the future.

They'd probably like some familiarty at the table, especially considering it's the 25th.

I love Ana. Would love to see her permanently.

I can see a 'new table' so to speak being unveiled for the fall. I know it has been doing well but it feels time for a change.

• Members

I don't think Ana would want to be full time since her home base is in Florida, and from what I read, there is a mandate to return to the studio come fall.

That's the theory as to why Meghan opted to leave since she seems settled in Washington D.C and probably didn't want to return to NYC.

Haines has 3 small kids... none of which are eligible for the vaccine.. so I can see why she probably wouldn't want to go back into the studio again.  

Debbi was in her early 20s when she was on originally.. and was kind of ditz.  However, time and wisdom have probably matured her.. and Home & Family seems like a toxic place (though so is the View LOL).

• Members

Didn't watch when Debbi was on the show.   I can take or leave Sara Haines.  Sometimes I cannot stand Meghan McCain, and sometimes like her, but ok with her going.   I do hope Ana would become a regular, but also doubt it, since she's Florida based like Soaplovers states. 

• Members

Haines' last exit was entirely due to GMA3, and the moment that got canceled she was back on The View, so I honestly don't see TPTB firing her, unless it was to completely re-mold the panel around Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg and Sunny Hostin. Plus, they lost Behar once... I don't see them willingly losing her, especially since I believe she enjoys the job so much. Had Meghan McCain not left I am sure retirement would've happened.

I'd love to see a warmer-feeling set, honestly. And they should try to bring back the couch interviews.

• Members

Home & Family does sound like it was toxic. 

I have no problem with Debbie. I liked her and she's grown a lot, she fills the role Sara plays for sure. It was nice seeing her back at the table with the other OGs a few years back. I just don't see her wanting it full time but who knows? Money talks.

And that's true about going back into the studio.

Although Haines was in the studio before. I don't see her rushing to leave after just coming back but stranger things have happened. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part she doesn't leave? lol 

I would love a new warmer set as well. It feels cold.

I agree on the couch.

Joy may not want to go back into the studio. But she does love the show and I imagine Meghan leaving might extend her stay and lessen the chances of retirement.

Whoopi has recently said they'd basically have to drag her dead body away from the show so unless they tell her she can't do an acting gig, she's not going anywhere. But she does commute to the studio.

Edited by KMan101