GL: Some Good and some Bad RUMORS....

• Members

Conboy doesn't like beancounting. There is no way in hell he would return unless thedy gave him a bigger-than-God budget.

I could see the Kreizman rumor being true, but I would like to see someone co-write with him.

GL needs younger characters to fit in with their new, revamped image if they can't get the vets back. The canvas looks very sparse as-is. But PLEASE, let them be newcomers who can act! No more Michelle Ray Smiths, please!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, you absolutely love Edmund, I absolutely love Michelle! I was not too invested in her character the last few weeks she was on, and I didn't really miss her but now I wish they would've kept her. I never had a problem with Danny leaving though.

I think you think of them as those Evan and Cameron they put a casting call for. Kevin and Jason are Ross and Blake's boys as it's been mentioned. I just remembered that but they DO have ties to the show besides Blake. Dinah is also their big sister. And since Bill (& Ross) left, guess she could use some family with Vanessa. And, that doesn't mean because their father isn't here that it's not necessary to age them, plus when he'll return they will already be established.

• Members

"And, that doesn't mean because their father isn't here that it's not necessary to age them, plus when he'll return they will already be established."

Unfortunately that is not going to happen. Since this is a Spoiler/Rumor thread, I can say that the rumor is that the whole "wrap up" with Ross' story will be with Ross' death. So considering that and that Liz Keifer turned down her contract, bringing back Jason and Kevin (while in a perfect GL world with Ross, Blake, and Holly still on) wouldn't make much difference beyond the connection with Dinah.

• Members

Kevin & Jason are Ross & Blake's kids? WTH are they now? Sorry, I should have probably looked into it before making assumptions but there have been so many rumours floating around about bringing in gay characters (who had no ties to the show) that I assumed it was them.

Still..I'm not fond of teen stories. I don't care who they're related to. They usually start out great and then turn out to be slop writing the majority of the time and the parents are merely used as background material to move the teen plot along. I've been impressed with the way GL has been writing their younger characters (except for Ava/Coop/Lizzie..but they are not frontburner so they don't bother me too much) so far but I haven't seen any real teen since I've started watching. Their youngest characters are in their early 20s.

• Members

"I read that Lizzie and Jon wil have sex."

Yeah I read that too. I'm not sure I would like it if such a thing happened.

I also read that the show will try to tie in Alan-Michael with Ross's death by having Alan-Michael investigate this woman named Nicole who was traveling with Ross.

• Members

I haven't ever seen a spoiler yet actually worded "Jon & Lizzie have sex". I've heard that they're going to "team up" or "drown their sorrows" but I think people are taking them to mean something else. I'm going to refuse to believe it because GL would be STUPID to do this! :blink: TPTB work their a--es off to get people to warm up to Tammy & Jonathan as a romantic pair...so if Jon & Lizzie actually "hooked up", it'd give more reason for the Jammy haters to hate them and for those who love them to turn the TV off.

Not to mention the fact that Lizzie looks like a little kid next to Jon! Eww!! I don't even wanna imagine those two making out. Maybe if Crystal Hunt were still in the role..I would buy this speculation..but she's not and as much as I like Marcy Rylan...eww, no!

I also don't believe that they'd kill off Ross. They'd put him in a coma or have him get into an accident that results in amnesia first.

• Members

"I also don't believe that they'd kill off Ross."

Believe it. They would. And they will. Am I angry? O hell yes!

Am I surprised? Not even a bit.

Poor Ross, the latest victim of Kreizman's poison pen.

• Members
Heh, that's why I like her! That was the vibe I always thought they were going for, even with CH in the role.

And bad show-management. They should never have let him get away -- though I really like JvD on OLTL, and I'm glad he's working there. What can they really do besides killing Ross, though? I don't think a recast would be accepted, and it would be ridiculous to have Ross move away from his family permanently. I'm hoping they "kill" him in an open-ended way that makes a return very possible later on but also gives Blake some juicy stuff to play right now.

• Members

"What can they really do besides killing Ross, though? I don't think a recast would be accepted, and it would be ridiculous to have Ross move away from his family permanently.

I'd actually rather HAVE Blake off the canvas. Give Blake, Ross, Holly, and their family some happy ending. That way, should OLTL not work out JvD could come back and Ross' entrance could be logical. Besides, it's come down to me WANTING my favorites gone so that Kreizman can't get his grubby little paws on them. Look what he has done to Harley! Killing off Reva or Roger in a grand "where's the body" kind of death is ok. It fits the character, but Ross is so down-to-earth that I don't think it will work. It would be like killing off Maureen in a plane crash. It would not have had neasrly the same punch.

Besides, I'm also PO'ed because rumor has it, that Blake is going to run for Springfield's mayor against...Jeffrey. As. IF.

• Members

Exactly! If they were going to use Liz Keifer, they would have given her a contract, one that *isn't* measly that is. I love LK, but if they are only going to use her as a sounding board for more "important" characters, then they should just let LK go to greener pastures (any OLTL roles that need casting? ;) ).

Archived