GL: Some Good and some Bad RUMORS....

• Members

These look familar......

Also it's confirmed that Fiona Hutchinson is returning, but they state it'll be in a dream sequence. Also Gavin Houston is OUT as Remy, and the role is being recast with Lawrence Saint-Victor. Makes one wonder why? Are they going to use him more?

Here is a link to all that and more.

http://news.guidinglightcity.com/casting.php

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"03.19.06 Proctor & Gamble Productions, which produces Guiding Light, has kept in touch with former Executive Producer John Conboy. Rumor has it if Ellen Wheeler and David Kreizman leave the show, P&G could bring Conboy back. Minus Ellen Weston."

This makes no sense. PGP *fired* Conboy. Why would they keep in touch with him? I mean, as much as Conboy could be good with the right HW, Conboy helped put GL in this financial situation. If they are looking to cut costs, then Conboy won't be coming back.

"Rumor has it that GL may have realized its mistake in getting rid of super villain Edmund Winslow. Could the Prince of Darkness be returning to Springfield soon? "

Personally, Davide Andrew Macdonald should tell TPTB to stuff it and get out as soon as possible.

"03.19.06 Word is David Kreizman will be stepping down as GL's head writer, but many say it's only an early April Fool's joke. If true, P&G could be looking to replace Kreizman with soap writing veteran Michelle Patrick, who's written for GH and AMC."

"Also Gavin Houston is OUT as Remy, and the role is being recast with Lawrence Saint-Victor. Makes one wonder why? Are they going to use him more?"

These two rumors could be linked together and are part of why I still think Patrick coming on board is true. Why would they bring back Remy? Patrick strived for nonstereotypical minority representation. Could this be her first decision?

• Members

I'd LOVE to see Edmund come back. And considering Cassie's psychotic tendencies these days, I'd be all for a reunion. :D

I'd like to see Marah & Shayne...but keep the other younger characters away.

Now we have rumours of Stephanie Gatschet leaving? :blink: I'm starting to fear that these rumours are true. If Tom Pelphrey really does have an out clause after 2 years, I can see SG leaving as well since her contract's up this November. Ughh...I hope to God they aren't leaving. :(

• Members

That's so funny to see someone posts those informations somewhere (here) and then they're all over the net. The things that have been said have been a little changed. I wonder how they're going to end up!

IMO, Remy is going to be one of their first gay characters. BTW, they would've the first African American gay character on daytime I think, besides Simone on Passions. Plus, that adds yet another cop on GL, unless now he's got another job, I think they change his hobbies a couple of times, he was supposed to be a future doctor once I think.

Frankly, Edmund is not needed. If they want someone back, it should be Michelle.

Hi Spiritual Junkie, I love your banner. Why keeping the other characters away, Kevin and Jason would be a great addition.

I wouldn't like it if Tom Pelphrey leaves after this summer, I think it's too soon. He can leave in 2007 and not take that out option if he has one, there we will have time to use him completely. If he leaves, I can't see Jonathan being recast, they should wait at least 2/3 years. Now, concerning Tammy I can accept a recast but I really don't wanna see Stephanie Gatschet leaving!!! I have the feeling that she's not the same kind of young actors like Crystal Hunt, TP, Jordi Vilasuso, (I'm not talking about talents here) and that she will stay on soaps, if she leaves I think she would join another soap or maybe I'm wrong about her and that she will say on her blog the good ol' "I wanna do bigger things". 2006 is a dreadful year for GL, their 4 leading stars (no matter if you like them or not, you've got to agree that they're written as the most important characters currently, maybe not that much for Reva but Kim Zimmer is their diva) have just a few months left on their contract (BE, KZ, TP, SG). I hope they all resign, though I don't know if I care about Pelphrey, I was thinking he would leave in 2007, then I wouldn't care but now, it's too soon.

• Members

I guess David Kreizman will be writing a gay romance on the show. I remember when rumors of a gay storyline were in the works the article mentioned the show would be putting out a casting call for two men in their early 20s. I don't really know what to think of this. I don't have alot of faith in DK pulling this off successfully. I've seen so many storylines that have had such a great start, then get sour, drag a bit, and then have a great ending (only if the casting department isn't needed). It's a roller coster not worth riding for me.

So Remy is being recast. I hope this guy can really act if Patrick is coming aboard. Speaking of the Boudreau's, whatever happened to the supposed SORASed Leah? I hope they have dropped it. It was a ridiculous idea to start with. It also proves just how much DK is not willing to do the Bauers justice and bring them to the forefront. Does he think we're just willing to settle for a SORASed Leah and moderately used Rick Bauer?

• Members

Whoa..am I the only one here who absolutely loves Edmund? :blink: Out of all the actors/characters that left last year, I miss DAM and Edmund the most. It seemed like he got written into a corner a bit but I still enjoyed him as the villain nonetheless.

Michelle was alright but her over Edmund? Nah...

Thanks! :)

Other than the picture of Days former teen nobodies in my head, these charactors have absolutely no ties to the show...aren't these the two characters that are supposed to be in the rumoured teen gay story? I am so sick of every show trying to create their own successful gay storyline. If they wanted a gay character, they should have gone with Sandy! My God! It was so obvious that he had some weird, twisted obsession over Jonathan! :angry: I mean, it would be a negative view of a gay character..but they could easily explain it with Sandy being in denial and being angry with himself for being gay. I'm ranting now but ughhh..what a missed chance!

Actually, I think the rumours about Tom Pelphrey & Stephanie Gatschet leaving this year are just that..rumours. The show just broke Tammy & Jonathan up...I can't see them doing that and keeping them apart until this summer (when TP is supposedly leaving). Unless there is some sort of quickie reunion (ie. Danny & Michelle) before another breakup to accomodate SG leaving either leaving a few months later or staying on the show...but that would be stupid.

I know what you mean about SG. She seems really happy with the show and although I think she's extremely talented, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who has that "Once my contract is up, I'm leaving and making it big in Hollywood" mentality. I can see her sticking around GL for a while.

TP, on the other hand, is most likely to leave when his contract is up in 2007. I refuse to believe that he has some after 2-years-out clause...why work extremely hard on writing for a character who will be gone or recast after such a short period of time? It makes little sense on TPTB's part.

• Members

"Whoa..am I the only one here who absolutely loves Edmund?"

I liked Edmund, when he wasn't psycho or during that period where Cassie clipped off his nuts (Cassie seems to like doing that to her men).

"Other than the picture of Days former teen nobodies in my head, these charactors have absolutely no ties to the show...aren't these the two characters that are supposed to be in the rumoured teen gay story?"

You're right that they have no ties, which is a huge mistake. Especially considering that Blake is their mother and Ross is their father. So considering one is off the show and one is on recurring, SORAS-ing them makes no bloody difference.

• Members

I love(d?) DAM and Edmund, and I really didn't care for Nancy St. Alban's Michelle at all, but I would absolutely say that a Michelle return is a higher priority than Edmund. She's a Bauer, and with a recast and some better writing, she could be a valuable part of the show. DAM took what could have been a limited role and really made it something special, but that character is not core to GL.

Archived