Days: 3/15/2021 Weekly Preview

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Xander grows concerned when he realizes Sarah is MIA.
Sarah sleeps with Rex...
 Lucas gets involved in a family matter.
 Gwen reveals to Jack. What Abby did to her. 
Gabi Chic vs Ava Vitali!
 Ben rescued Ciara,
 but after she wakes up at the hospital, she
 has no memory of the last 3 years! 
 Ciara considers Ben a killer!
Xander gets a major shock on his wedding day.  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Sami is in jail and Marlena's still playing mother to Ben? I feel like they crossed out Hope's name and put in Marlena's at times. I could support their relationship if it wasn't dominant compared to the time spent with her actual family. Does Ron plan to retcon Ben into her son or something? Does he feel like using her to prop him gives him the 'seal of approval'? It doesn't. LOL

And apparently Shawn and Belle got cut for the Shakespeare [!@#$%^&*]. This show is so (deliberately) tone deaf.

No wonder my watching is sparse. Ron needs a strong co-hw. Fran the butcher needs to go and Alarr the lazy executive needs to go, though kudos for trying to improve the set situation. I refuse to believe Marlena would live in that hideously decorated townhouse so the actual decor needs an upgrade. It looks like a retirement home villa. 

Maybe if the show were remotely interesting I wouldn't focus so much on the things that really shouldn't matter LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Wasn't there a rumor Ben might be a 1986 John/Marlena kid?  Or was that just weird Cin stan's fanfiction?  Obviously that would completely throw the timeline of everything off, but I am surprised another Marlena/John kid never popped up.  It would be very Ron.

Is Ali Sweeney's schedule throwing things off?  Because the Sami stuff was just dropped after a few days.  And Marlena hasn't interacted with her at all has she?

I hate the Townhouse.  It must be huge though.  I feel like half the town lives there.  I would literally not care if the Penthouse was the only set in Salem, just redressed every scene because I loved that set so much. 

• Members

The amnesia would be a good trope for any couple if it weren't so overdone and for a couple that's become meh. Victoria Konefal is 'recurring' so it's going to be never-ending until they finally decide to write Cin out. Ciara's the new Robin. Sigh.

lol very true

I'd really like to see Ryan given a shot.

• Members

Oh yeah.  Thanks!  Another child that throws off all timelines even if Orpheus is his dad.  I don't know why I thought it was Ben.  Someone who should be older than Sami/Eric is a contemporary of Will lol.

Well I at least liked Robin and grew up with her.  I assume they will just ship Ciara off screen to be with Hope and Ben will hook up with Claire.  I would think about recasting Ciara, honestly, if they are going to keep Ben.  I am not that attached to VK or anything.

• Members

I think it's scheduling and guarantees. The show is a mess when it comes to 'flow'. 

I'm just wondering why Marlena is suddenly playing Ben's mother. Evan was rumored to be the 1986 Jarlena kid but that wasn't the case. I can see it where Orpheus gave Baby Boy Black to Clyde or somehow he ended up with him. Clyde and Orpheus are always so involved everytime the other returns. I'm probably reaching but it's been a fear in the back of my mind. 

My main problem with Ben remains they didn't erase his killings. That and RSW just isn't that strong of an actor. But we've certainly had worse.

Exactly, Robin was someone we watched grow up and cared about. Ciara hasn't had nearly that kind of development as a character. Who is she?? Ciara has suffered as a prop for Ben, who gets long angsty material with Marlena. Konefal must see that, I'm sure it's why she wanted to bolt. I think Konefal was great casting as Ciara so it's been disappointing she's so wasted.

• Members

Didn't you love Philip going from 4 to angsty teen? LOL. Philip and Will should be the same age. Brady should be like 10 years younger and Abby's contemporary. I think way back when they also aged up David and Mike too soon which seemed to age them off the canvas.

Oh and who can forget hunky Victor Webster as Nicholas Alamain who was suddenly banging Kate and a contemporary of Sami, etc. When he should have been Philip's age and in that spot. LOL. I get why choices are made at the time but it just makes you laugh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I actually think your line of thinking makes sense with Marlena/Ben and the possibility of him being a long lost child

.  And I don't like it, but it sort of a fear of mine too.  Most likely, they are just using Marlena to prop Ben and make his killings okay since he's 'cured' now.   But we probably shouldn't put the idea out in the universe in case lol.

I am not sure the point because Marlena caring for them in the past wasn't necessary or really important to plot.  But, again, the Orpheus stuff has never made a ton of sense since Roman is the one that killed Orpheus's wife, not John.  And I still don't really get why Evan or Orpheus care about Ciara much.

• Members

lol I agree she's likely just a prop. I hate putting that idea out there but it's always been in the back of my mind, especially now. I also think she's filling in for where Hope should have been at times with him. Is what it is I guess. 

Orpheus just seems to pop up and create some chaos when Ron feels bored or something. I enjoy seeing him but I wish they'd so something more substantial. It seemed that way with Zoey and Evan but they were just plot points, though Evan's really fun when he is full on psychotic.

And actually, Marlena got Evan out early from treatment because she wanted to save Henry from Orpheus. And Evan terrorized Ciara and kidnapped Claire. I'm guessing and hoping those beats get played, hence the amped up airtime she's sharing with Ben. It's likely her guilt. And Marlena's always gone over and above for patients I guess.

lol same. I don't mind SORASing either when it's done believably. Belle and Philip were stretches as was Brady but they kind of needed to, so I get it.

At least Will, Abby and Shawn are where they should be, age wise.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Ugh the Belle and Brady aging bothers me more when the constantly reference Jarlena's affair and Sami kidnapping her!  Phillip wasn't really used much after his initial story, so I was okay with him.  Plus we always have EJ to really mess it all up.  

I don't mind Orpheus either but he's become silly.  This man hates Jarlena forever and ever, but at some point he just gave fake dead Marlena to Stefano instead?  Was that ever explained?  I liked Zoey.  I guess the casting issue made them drop the character completely.