HBO: The Undoing

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought it was your pick as well, Cat.  In the end, she was as useful to the show as a 98 year old hooker.  I saw no point to her other than a Red Herring Wench!

Jonathan's Plan B was atrocious and Grace did the right thing.  

Underwhelming ending that didn't match the high powered lawyer hired to defend Jonathan.   

And YES!  Noma Dumezweni was positively marvelous!  What I love about streaming and all the new shows is that some wonderful talent is being missed otherwise.  Major networks don't believe in this kind of talent.  They just recycle the same mediocre actors.  It's boring.. 

Finally, the less said about Kidman, the absolute better.  

• Members

I'm on Episode 2 and watching now so I just skipped right over it all.

Please register in order to view this content

I didn't realize the last episode was a few days ago and saw it trending during POTOMAC.

I'm half way in and wow...still loving and trying to figure out what could be going on. She just found out that the husband's job is not his job. So...?

Nicole Kidman's mane is boss.  

• Members

Cat & Chit, agree with both.

When Jonathan wanted to blame his SON, he made (another) fatal mistake.

The killer/ending was slightly underwhelming but overall I'm very happy with the series.

Hayley was AMAZING. I will never forget "I am not funny."

• Members

Moving through Episode 4 (and will probably take a break)...

...if the Husband did not do it, he is doing a great job of acting like he didn't. And yet so many questions off of him. 

I agree with his lawyer though.

He and Grace are both withholding. But the question would be...what?

• Members

HAHAHAHA!!! Episode 5 and the lawyer got that officer all the way together. 

LOVE.

Great scene over what was said as well as the subtext I suspect the writers were going for by saying the officer was more interested in the rich white man than the not rich ethnic man.

• Members

Red Herring is right. I read an article somewhere (can't remember where otherwise I would link it here) that posited that the entire show is basically red herrings. The fact is, the murderer is very obviously right in front of our eyes but all the way through, we kind of disbelieve that he might be the murderer -- the same way Grace questions it throughout.

In effect, the audience goes through a process of self-delusion too -- part of which, of course, is due to the way we have been 'conditioned' by shows like these never to believe that the actual murderer is the first and most obvious suspect.

Noma was great, and apparently a highly acclaimed British theatre actor! The prosecuting attorney was played by a Danish actor (she was lead in the original The Killing in Denmark and was brilliant), and Edgar Ramirez who played the police officer is Venezuelan. I love that we get to see actors we wouldn't necessarily find in mainstream US TV. Noma inhabited the character of Haley like a second skin and stood out in every scene she was in.

So, rumor is there may be a S2...?

Edited by Cat