Y&R: Rachel Kimsey (Mac) Out?

• Members

Is she out willingly, or did they fire her?

I like the actress. And I even liked her as Mac. The character is just boring as hell, though.

Ash Bash was painful to look at.

As someone posted before...

AshBash's Mac happy = :(

AshBash's Mac sad = :(

AshBash's Mac angry = :(

AshBash's Mac confused = :(

AshBash's Mac horny = :(

There was nothing but that sour look on her face, ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME! So yeah, I preferred Rachel. The character was still a bore, though.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kenny I think if you saw some of Ashley's earlier scenes of Mac you'd think differently, she really was quite good at the role. And LOADS better than Kimsey.

Kimsey's Mac isn't Mac! She totally changed the character, it was awful! I hope they find tempMac who replaced Ashley all those years ago when she was sick to fill in, she was pretty good.

• Members

I saw Ashley's Mac since the beginning and she was never anything to write home about. Snarky and Boring, not my ideal soap character. I actually liked Rachel better but the character is just so dull and boring and paired with another dullard like JT did nothing to help. Rachel would have worked better in the role if they had the guts to do the Mac/Kevin pairing. Mac always treated Kevin like her boyfriend but just wasn't daring enough to give him a chance. I wonder if Greg is next since he's been used as supporting to Mac and Gloria for months.

• Members

Sad to see the role of Mackenzie leaving (when we have such graces as Colleen on) but but the writing since Kinsey took over (or as I would put it: was thrown in to play a totally different character) was so not the original essence of the character that I won't shed one single tear when Mac is buh-bye gone. Bring back Ashley Who'snameIcanneverspellcorrectly...

Only HUGE minus with Mac gone: Possibly even less airtime for Jeanne Cooper!? :blink:

• Members

if i had my way the only time Kay would bring up Mac in the future is when she's gonna go lay flowers at her tombstone ;) I'd love it if Jill and Mac fought on the stairs after Mac finds out Jill covered up the truth that she's NOT Kay's daughter and Mac goes to tell Kay, Jill grabs her wrists "You won't tell her anything you little !@#$%^&*]!" then Mac screams "Let go!" and accidently falls down and dies. It would re-ignite the Kay/Jill fued beautifully!

• Members

The CBS SOaps In Depth article seemed to suggest Mac COULD be back, just not with Kimsey. She was Jack Smith's silly idea for the JT/Mac supercouple and really was a disaster. For a second I thought Latham would keep her around, but I'm SO glad that she sees what we see.

They ruined great chemistry building with Daniel, Mac and even JT. This thing with Colleen would be much better if Original!Recipe!Mac! was around. She could go toe to toe with her, not whine her to death.

I also think we would've been spared the mega slump Kevin had if he was still with Mackenzie. They had a really deep connection building, I loved it.

Archived