Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From what I read the transmission is not by air droplets. When I read your message I got worried, my heart fluttered and I had to check once again if there was no human-to-human-transmission on the news. I still have trauma from COVID19. The one fatal case was a person who had many other health issues. The other cases so far are very mild. And again - it's transmission hasn't been by air. 

The moment it gets passed on from person to person by air droplets, that's when we should worry. There are no indications of that from what I gather in multiple sources. The current measures are to vaccinate the people who work very close with animals. 

• Members

It is true that the virus is not of the SARS/MERS type and transmission is not facilitated as easily as those. Besides my concern for those who work at the poultry farms, many of whom are undocumented and there being little to no effort to vaccinate them, it is also the shoddy practices of factory farms and the fact that the virus from the waste of chickens can live in fresh water. 
It was never my intention to cause panic. I do think this should be on the radar. Thankfully people who believe in science are in the executive branch and will likely keep a look out for any developments.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Ugh, I don’t even want to think about that second part. TFG set the U.S. and the surrounding region on a path of contagion, disease and death. He was the worst possible person to be in charge when there is any crisis. And with mainly undocumented people being the ones who are most affected, he would be the one to allow it to cut a swath through that population, if he could. Hopefully neither of these ever happens.