Britain’s first gay dads have split after 32 years together — after one fell for their daughter’s boyfriend

• Members

Super-rich Barrie Drewitt-Barlow today reveals to The Sun on Sunday how he has fallen “head over heels” for Scott Hutchison — who is half his age and previously dated his 19-year-old daughter Saffron.

[IMG]

From left: Tony, Barrie, Scott and Saffron. Tony and Barrie have split after Barrie fell in love with Scott

Incredibly, Saffron and Barrie’s husband Tony, 55, who he is set to divorce, have both given their blessing.

Remarkably, too, the three men live happily under one roof, in their £6million, ten-bedroom mansion in the States.

The Essex exiles live in Florida as “Dad, Daddy and step-dad” to five kids — in what they call “a very 21st-century family set-up”.

Last night Barrie and Scott, 25 — who have been secretly dating for nine months — publicly declared their love and that they want to marry.

[IMG]

Barrie, 50, a self-made millionaire, says: “I’ve fallen in love with Scott and he has done the same. I feel stupid at my age to have these feelings about someone other than Tony and half my age. But when you know something is right, it’s right. We have not made definite plans but I would like to marry Scott.

“I’m not having a mid-life crisis — if I was having one I’d buy myself a Porsche 911. This is the real deal. But not everyone will get it, as our living arrangements are unorthodox — I feel like I’m living in a commune, we are all still living together.

"Our children are still in a stable set-up, more so than many other families have. But now Dad’s got a new fella and we are one bigger happy family instead.”

Millions will recall pictures of Barrie and Tony cradling week-old twins Saffron and Aspen — born to a surrogate — in 1999 as they revealed themselves as the UK’s first gay dads AND the first same-sex couple to win the legal right to be named on a birth certificate as parents.

Now, almost exactly 20 years later, news of their split and unconventional new living arrangements will stun the world.

[IMG]

Barrie first chatted up Tony at a petrol station. It was “love at first sight”. They went on to have five kids, using egg donors and surrogates.

The pair, now worth £40million from their ventures including a trans-Atlantic surrogacy business and a global medical research company — went to court for the right to be on their kids’ birth certificates as dad and dad.

They also courted controversy by championing gender selection and choosing beautiful, clever donors. They became civil partners in 2006 then wed as soon as it became legal in the UK, in 2014 — and that same year launched a legal challenge to churches’ right to opt out of gay weddings.

Saffron and Aspen, who will be 20 next month, were conceived using the donor eggs of one woman, Tracie McCune, and carried in the womb of surrogate Rosalind Bellamy. Barrie is the father of one, Tony dad of the other, so actually they are half-siblings, albeit born at the same time. Aspen, though, does have an identical twin — Orlando, 16.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10361253/first-gay-dads-split-daughter-boyfriend/

Related image

Wow, so much mess. I cant!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are no words for this type of foolery and funkery. He was probably involved with his daughter's boyfriend while she was still with him. There are just some things you do not do and this is one of them. I had an uncle who is now deceased who married an older woman who was from Germany and he ended up sleeping with one of her daughters, so this sort of idiocy is not uncommon.

• Members

"Aspen, though, does have an identical twin — Orlando, 16."

Please register in order to view this content

What the Reva and Dolly the Clone is going on with that? That must be so weird for one twin to look back at himself and for the other to look into his future.