USA Network to Revive Nash Bridges with Don Johnson on board

John

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess Cheech Marin won't be complaining. 

This just reminds me of how irrelevant USA now feels. The show may have been a good performer for CBS 20 years ago, but bringing it back today is a rung below even the era when they just kept showing Silk Stalkings and Pacific Blue. At least then you could ogle hot shirtless guys and guys in tight shorts, instead of someone who was grimy even at his peak.

• Members

Hey now! It may have been "jiggle TV" and cheesy, but I loved me some "Silk Stalkings", especially the Estes/Kapture years. Even have the DVDs (since when they first came out! Looking at the prices since they are OOP, the cost is now insane!).

• Members

Miami Vice got its reboot AFAIC, namely the excellent Michael Mann film from the 2000s which has seen its critical rep only increase over time after initially being mocked for its association with the show.

• Members

The strange thing is I don't remember Nash Bridges even being too much of a hit itself, even for CBS in its doldrums in the late '90s(wasn't Monday and Saturday nights back then their biggest  two nights?)  Next I suppose we'll be getting a Scarecrow and Mrs. King reboot, a Grace Under Fire reboot, and of course bring on a Third Watch reboot while we're at it!

Nearly thirty years ago shows like L.A. Law, Northern Exposure, thirtysomething, Wings, Evening Shade, Blossom, Empty Nest etc. were all the rage; bring them up today and nobody, even those who should well remember, don't have a clue what you're talking about. 

Good point Carl, lol I remember when USA use to rerun Baywatch endlessly in the late 90s very similarly to how USA reruns SVU endlessly nowadays. I think USA as a network had a pretty good run in the 80's, 90's and '00's but yes in 2019 its becoming completely irrelevant. It's competitors TBS, TNT, FX, and Paramount(previously TNN, Spike etc.) aren't far behind either.