OWN: All Rise: Discussion Thread

• Members

I was disappointed with the first ten episodes of Season three.  The focus was Judge Lola Carmichael's love life.   That could have been a side plot but they emphasized it too much.

Sean Blackmore (who played Shawn Butler on GH) is the stud attorney who tries to tempt Lola to be unfaithful to her husband.  His character got a lot of focus and the actor is "fine" looking and was all sexy and suave. It has been great to see Mr. Blakemore shine outside of GH!  Even though he was seemingly written as a guest star, he was on camera enough - -and had "a magnetic presence" enough to be one of the leads.

But that's not why I watch "All Rise".  I don't watch it for soapy stuff!   I watch soaps and legal shows for different reasons!

Now they are on hiatus, but they will resume Season 3 later this year sometime with episode 11.

Edited by janea4old

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Season Three of All Rise resumes with the final 10 episodes on OWN. This was filmed long ago, way before the strikes, so they can air it.
The two halves of Season Three were filmed as one season, but are airing one year apart.
Season 3a (episodes 1-10) aired June 7 - Aug 9, 2022.
Season 3b (episodes 11-20) begins airing Sept. 16, 2023.

Deadline says that this is the end, and the show is not renewed for Season Four.
https://deadline.com/2023/08/all-rise-canceled-season-3-premiere-date-own-1235524879/

Fyi, season 1, season 2, and season 3a are all available now on Hulu, if you want to get caught up.
Season 3b will stream on OWN.

It's a great show with lots of characters who are people of color, and great legal issues discussed.
Season 3a deteriorated into a bad soap but I hope the coming season 3b gets back to the legal focus.

Edited by janea4old

• 3 weeks later...
  • Errol changed the title to OWN: All Rise: Discussion Thread