DAYS: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed today's ep. It was definitely a Ron C. double wedding. I found myself anxiously watching what was going to happen (even though I already knew the "reveal"). This hasn't happened in a long time! I hope Ron can keep this going. The ending makes me WANT to see the next ep for a change instead of well, maybe I'll watch if i'm around or have time. 

• Members

Beautifully executed episode. Abigail's Act One was a great twist, showing her internal debate and the slap.  Classic.  Topped only by her vows being the trigger for Sonny's gut-wrenching memories as well as his decision to abort the wedding....in search of his first love.  McKinsey's directing was reminiscent of the best of Edge of Night's John Sedwick.  Ben cowering behind that tall interrogation table, then resting his head while alone and so pathetic...  I do have a couple of quibbles i.e. the keystone cops led by Hope exiting the room when Ben appeared (note to writers: you have too many cops/detectives/..need to reduce)!   But overall, a classic and iconic episode!

Emmy Reel for Directing Team (esp. McKinsey/Blangiardo's episodes), the entire writing team, Marci/Best Actress; Lauren Koslow/Supp. Actress; Chis Sean/Younger Actor; Robert Wilson/Guest; Editing and Music for sure!

• Members

Loved Monday's episode!

Love Sonny. Really liked the use of the flashbacks, I can understand why he reacted the way he did to Abi's vows. This show is much better-written overall than I thought it was going to be. I'm really enjoying it and think I will be a regular viewer from now on.

I also thought the actress who plays Abi was great too.

• Members

I was hoping for a bit more of an accelerated pace on today's ep after yesterday. I understand playing the beats of everyone's reactions to Ben claiming Will is alive (Marlena, Kate) but I found it a little slow at times. Of course, the non-drama of Hope/Rafe and the whole commissioner position brought it to a grinding halt every scene with them. 

Archived