Y&R: October 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unlike SSM's ballyhooed arrived, I've noticed there isn't an episode daily countdown for Mal..... I wonder how MO will be written out for her leave. Of the 11 or more new characters introduced this year, which ones will around 6 months from now?

Maybe I'm wrong because I mainly been reading synopses since July, but did they wipe out the other two teen girls? Keeping a teen-set of Maddie, Charlie, Reed isn't going to work. Even though the twins were illogically aged, it was great to not only have more youth on the show, but also that they're diverse, not made up or retcon characters with TONS of ties to the canvas.  

Dina's introduction, which clearly was not expected to resonate the way it has, and Sharon/Neil reset have honestly been the only highlights of SSM's regime.  

• Members

Watching Nikki attempt to intimidate Dina was laughable. Nikki is one of the show's least intimidating characters, especially without Victor by her side to do the actual dirty work. I wish their breakup would last forever. Jack's an idiot to pursue anything with her. Dina's a horrible mom, and a hypocrite, but she's right to warn Jack off Nikki. It's inevitable she'll get back with Victor. No matter how psychopathic he is, she finds some excuse to forgive him.

• Members

I'm going to miss the actress who played Alice, if she is indeed killed off (but I don't see how they can keep her on giving the story). Adding her to the story was actually a good touch, because the actress does have a rough edges, yet warmth to her portrayal. She did the  best acting job out of that poorly written story.

• Members

Please tell me they didn't kill off Alice?

Ever since Lynn Marie Latham made like Diana Ross on the "Motown 25" special and shoved Kay Alden, John F. Smith and others to the side, it seems as if this show LIVES to bring back characters just to kill them off later.

• Members

I tuned in since I was anxious for Days and she was leaving town thinking she had hit the jackpot with the money she had gotten from Abby's bf and found out it was filled with paper...some big dude bodyguard got into her car....Alice freaked out and hit him.... as she open the door to her car to escape a car came racing by and ran over her...it was well done.

Archived