Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's certainly worth a try. Anything is better than Billy/Phyllis.

The actress playing Juliet isn't half bad which makes the character's lack of development even worse.

The whole sexual harassment situation is being treated like Lauren & Devon's "big" stories where their stories become about everybody else while they're reduced to extreme supporting players. And it's going to really hurt the sexual harassment story because if there aren't any stakes involved for Juliet (other than her inevitably becoming a psycho) then the entire outcome is irrelevant.

• Members

Saw my first episode in a while, and the guy playing Graham...sheesh. Maybe they are playing up his blankness/blandness to create mystery around him, but at the moment I'm not seeing the potential.

The show has a lot of issues, but at least it's moving and somewhat engaging, which it hasn't been in years. And Josh Morrow has been nowhere to be found in the episodes I've watched so I consider that a win.

• Members

The criticism of Graham's acting is ridiculous. The guy is just fine, especially considering what he's been given thus far.

He does have chemistry with Ashley, and pairing him with her would be good if we don't get the sibling story out of it. And no, I don't want to see Graham with the younger set. With Mariah/Tessa/Juliet, etc.? Just no.

Characters I can't stand: Tessa, whose blinking and eye fluttering is a maddening tic, as well as the guy who created the dating app for Abby's business venture. Talk about bland and ordinary.

• Members

It's not you.

Watching them makes me think of what SSM said in terms of the original Plan for Ashley/Ravi namely a stepping stone to her soulmate. Of course that depends on if he is her sibling or not...but yep.

Just read his interview in SOD today.

Running A Crossfit does him good.

• Members

I think Graham would be great for Ashley

I love the Juliet's story with everyone being involved, having Leslie back and Hilary doing what bad girls on soaps should be doing; causing problems to people she doesn't like.

One good thing about this regime is that they don't give every key player a wtd and love triangle. The Abbott story, the B&S problems are my favorite parts of the show. I am also enjoying the kids scenes. 

Abby works so much better as an Abbott than as  a Newman. 

Scott should be or a doctor like his father, or they should have brought the actor as Phillip IV (let's never call him Chance again) and given him the war zone background.

• Members

There are plenty triangles though some are just getting started and others have few beats played:

Phyllis/Billy/Vikki

Cane/lily/Jordan/Hilary/Devon/Mariah

Sharon/Scott/Abby

Ravi/Ashley/Graham possibly

Graham seems a bit too long in the tooth for those women. The show needs more men under 35 for those women. Not some May December. So I'll have to pass on that one. 

Archived