Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why couldn't Jill fill the matriarchal role? There's no reason she would have to be like Kay. Who would want that? I thought Katherine became boring after morphing into the grande dame. 

Jill would be more like Dorian Lord on OLTL, as opposed to Victoria Lord, or Katherine. She has the home, the company, and the same extended family Kay had, so she's all set up for it. She isn't somebody's wife like Nikki, or somebody's sister/daughter, like Ashley. Jill's always been her own woman, like Kay. She's already mother to Billy, and step-mom to Cane, and had numerous grandchildren. Just bring back a re-cast Chance and/or Phillip, and eventually have a re-cast Mac divorce, and return, and she'd have a full house, with plenty of connections for numerous visitors to stir up trouble.

Jill used to have a little of Dina in her, that was lost over the MAB years. That toughness should be restored.

• Members

New fans don't even know her so I can't see how it's for them. Older fans are the only ones feeling the nostalgia. The newer, younger fans aren't interested in this "boring" story. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I've only been watching since the early 2000's, so I know very little about Dina, but bringing someone from the past back just to retcon history and kill them off is my absolute least favorite soap trope.

• Members

What makes even less sense with everything: the rushed sale to Devon. If retconDina cares so much about family, wouldn't she sell ME to Abby or Jack? I suppose they needed something to make the illogical HW business venture viable. I still would rather have seen Devon/Neil become executives at Newman/Jabot or even had them take over CI.

On another note: I suppose SSM is doing everything she can to make the audience hate Cane - even more. The logic behind the hockey clip is just not there. The business motivation doesn't exist - it only hurts B&S! with this deal and future deals and the personal motivation is not strong enough on any level to support doing this. If Billy were sleeping with Lily, at least that would be something. And Cane handing that wad of $$$ - just terrible. 

I'm back to occasionally h8-watching because it's text-book in how to destroy a soap daily.

• Members

Nothing Sally Sussman writes makes sense. I don't know why Dina would sell to Devon and Neil too. Sally Sussman and Co. have no validity(to open up their mouths) anymore against LML(for her killing off John) if they kill of Dina.

Archived