"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh ok. I think that was just her playing a distraught, remorseful working class woman. I saw a lot of people saying how awful she’s looked, and I was thinking, “That’s just a 65-year-old woman with little to no makeup.” She looked like typical glam Mary Steenburgen on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Members

I missed most of this as I didn't get the time right. I did see the last 4-5 minutes. It was a nice touch to recreate the Roseanne opening for the scene around the kitchen table (and rightfully, they didn't have anyone take over the moment of Roseanne laughing).

• Members

Having Crystal/Natalie West in the very first scene with the family as they downed all the food from well-wishers was a shock and very important to me.

The OD reveal was absolutely gutwrenching to watch. This is actually another reason I think people should watch some of Season 10, not just because it was good but because a lot of plot seeds were there - at least eps 2, 8 and 9, which further certain running plot elements like the opioid addiction, Roseanne's knee, Dan's business, etc. Marcy Bellinger was mentioned before this week.

Dan: "This doesn't make any sense. I fixed her knee." God.

Becky saying she can't handle the whole issue again after Mark was touching.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This is raw as hell so far and as good as any dramatic ep of the original show.

I've said this before, but Lecy's comic timing has gotten wonderfully dry/deadpan as she's gotten older with that deep voice. She can still do Becky's abject, aghast horror at her family very well, but the dry stuff really kills me too. "I thought about what I said and it was insulting and dismissive. I see that now because I need a ride to work."

They talked about using Andy, etc. in Season 11 of the revival, and I assume we will see him eventually. Jerry, who knows? We know he exists.

Chuck at the restaurant with Dan! I am so glad they've given Chuck, Crystal, Anne-Marie larger recurring roles with the revival this year. Those characters fell away in the later seasons of the old show but they're back pretty often now.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oddly, Bev felt closer to her characterization in the original series than she did in a lot of season 10 to me.

With Jackie, I can see why she can't bring herself to leave the Conner home. More than anyone else, she spent her entire life being protected by Roseanne and counting on Roseanne to be the only reliable person in her life (barring that political clash in the beginning of last season). It will be interesting to see where they go with her now that the prevalent sister dynamic is gone.