ALL SOAPS: 2015 Report Card

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, the year isnt even up yet....lol. This seems more fit to ask in January. To play though:

Y&R and GH get automatic Fs. Did they even try?

B&B : B- The first half of the year was good and I thought it was decent soap until August when they killed Aly. Its been downhill since.

Days : C- It was watchable at times but also very boring as well. It was the definition of mediocore but I wouldnt say outright terrible.

• Members

Y&R-D+(This mess isn't Y&R but I would be lying if a couple moments didn't entertain/amuse me this year)
B&B- C- (Again, had a pretty solid first 6 months, fell apart when Steffy returned full time IMO)

I honestly only started watching GH again full time this past summer and I sporadically keep up with Days (watching a bit more episodes this past month though) so I don't think it's fair to give grades out for them, though GH would probably range from the C- to D range IMO...

• Members

Y&R: D. It isn't Y&R. It's crap. It's weighed down with useless characters with no relevancy to the show and ridiculous storylines that would make Bill Bell roll over in his grave.

DAYS: B-. DAYS is DAYS. Regardless of the horrendous writing or really boring months or deadwood actors, there are always glimmers of DAYS because it hasn't dumped the nostalgic vets and the handful of really talented actors the show has. 

• Members

I only watch B&B which I would give overall a B- which is too bad since so often was really good. Unfortunately the parts that were not as good were either way boring or bad. 

It's interesting that so many give Y&R and GH low grades every year but those are the two that get SO much more attention from everyone from here to the soap press. 

• Members

Y&R- Its been trash all year…This one is easy….a grade of an F

B&B- The soap started the year on fire and was the best hands down and then it completely crashed and went downhill fast. An A+ + F-= to what? Thats a 100+50=150/2=75….A final grade of a C

GH- Another easy one…a big fat F

Days- C+

• Members

I only watch 2 soaps

Y&R- B-

B&B- B+

Y&R-  I actually found myself very entertained with the Newman Vs Abbott stuff.  I hated the Hilary crap, and Dylan/Savage on the air.  

B&B-  Like others the first half of the year was stellar!  Once Ally died it tanked.  I have been fast forwarding through most of the episodes lately.  Where is Brooke? Katie? Bill? Mya? Rick?  Ugh too much Ivy!

• Members

B&B - B: I'll jump on th bandwagon and agree that the first half of the year was pretty damn solid for the most part. After Aly died though...wow. I'm still stuck in early November but I doubt I've missed much.

Y&R - D: It's had its moments, but everything from the disaster episodes up until Marco left was excruciating to watch. I'm not going to lie though, I've been enjoying it a lot more than I would normally care to admit since then. 

Archived