Active shooters in San Bernadino, CA...12 dead

ChitHappens

• Members

Something else I'd like to point out is that there is a culture of violence in the US that is a big issue. Sensible gun control should be passed, but it won't solve problems with society. Finland and Switzerland have high levels of gun ownership, yet they do not have mass shootings.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfuckingbelievable *smdh*

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2015/12/what-the-hell-just-happened-on-msnbc/418893/

A baffling, surreal scene just played out on the two networks, where the landlord of the San Bernardino shooting suspects apparently allowed reporters into their apartment.

The result was disturbing. On live national television, reporters sifted through the remains of the lives of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik. They picked over children’s toys. They held up photos, speculating about whether the woman depicted in one might be Malik. They displayed Social Security cards and driver’s licenses with readily identifiable information—and not just for the deceased suspects

• Members

I've seen a lot of tut-tutting from the media over people who were unhappy with this, insisting that they had permission and that it "humanized" the couple in question, so that means it was all worth it. 

I guess Geraldo Rivera and his bank vault expose came a few decades too early.

• Members

I agree there is a serious problem with violence in this country, that's why I keep carping on and on about violence in media, entertainment and popular culture. It desensitizes children to violence and causes them to not value human life. It doesn't do that to EVERY person, but it does it to SOME. Right here at 8:00.... says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_9GegVoYk

Archived