The Old School Disney Channel Thread

cassadine1991

• Members

Since there is a thread of old school Nickelodeon, why not have one for Disney Channel.

Growing up in the 90s, Disney Channel was one of my favorite channels to see as a child, I even liked the shows from the early 2000s as well

I have seen clips of Disney Channel from the 80s and wow, it was totally different.

So to start things off here's come 90s Disney Channel

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The late 90's/early 2000's was definitely the best time for the disney channel....who can forget Zoog Disney and the Zoogs! and shows like "So Weird" "Jet Jackson" "The Jersey" "Lizzie McGuire" and even old re-runs of sitcoms like "Brotherly Love", "The Torkelsons" "Growing Pains and also more serious shows like "Ready or not" "flash forward" etc.....

I also loved the old "Jingle" they used from 1997-2000 during the commercial bumpers.....The Jamaican sounding one....

I even enjoyed Vault Disney with the Original Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro, Wonderful world of Disney and Spin and Marty....I have such fond memories of being in the 2nd-4th grade and staying up till 2 in the morning (on weekends haha) watching all those shows...LOL

I have to admit I don't necessarily think all the shows now on disney are that terrible, but newer generations are surely missing out on what we had for TV.....and I can't stand the endless block of sitcoms they show, though I'm grateful for Disney Rewind and the showing of old DCOMS late at night.....

(The jingle i'm referring to is played in the Mickey promo at the start though it's a retro variation)

• Members

That's So Raven was the last Disney Channel show I enjoyed......probably the funniest show too.....at the same time it started the ongoing trend that every new show had to be some sitcom of sorts and that's where it really went downhill....

I think Disney XD probably does a little Better....I mean I don't have it, but they did show a few episodes of that Kirby Buckets show on the regular channel which IMO looks like a boy version of "Lizzie Mcguire" (with more gross humor added)

somewhere I have the "MMC" marathon tape from labor day 1999 where they showed 8 hours worth of episodes.....it's too bad we couldn't watch that show too growing up cause disney was still premium cable...

• Members

I remember Adventures in Wonderland! LOL I totally remember those hip hop guys!....but I forgot that it was basically a "modern" version of AIW told in a TV series...

totally forgot to mention Babysitters Club!......haha

• Members

I remember Adventures in Wonderland! LOL I totally remember those hip hop guys!....but I forgot that it was basically a "modern" version of AIW told in a TV series...

totally forgot to mention Babysitters Club!......haha

Archived