GH: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

You should see Sonny fans creaming over themselves because he's a wonderful hero. Mind you, these are the same folks who had a hard time with FrankenTodd jumping in the water, saving Michael and getting nookie because of it. How's Sonny's "redemption" any different from FrankenTodd's?

This was the opportunity to move Sonny past being the inept little maggot surrounded by enablers. He's still the smallest long standing character, and this time, I'm not talking about height.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is TG's swan song. In interviews he spoke about how he wanted Luke to be killed off when he left. I don't see how he can come back from this, DID, brainwashing, or whatever. Franco and Nina stand a better chance, imo. And I don't care to see him redeemed if they try to pull that.

TG had also said that Luke being an anti-hero had no impact anymore because there are so many villains on the show, and that's true, now Luke is a full blown villain too and we don't need another. He should retire, they should kill him off. Unless they're going to pull him out occasionally with Helena whenever he feels like working. Blech. Not interested. CT should retire too, I'm sick of the Cassadines.

• Members

I just don't buy this reveal being THE reveal. I feel like something else is coming with this story.

Ron clearly re-worked this. I think he was pissed that A) most people figured out it was Bill-as-Luke, and B.) they complained it was going on too long, so he makes it go on even longer.

EDIT: Ugh, I hate how B.) without the period turns into B)

• Members

This Ivy is a bitch. Can we get rid of her? I cant with the way Nik has been thrown under the bus and now Sonny is heralded as a hero

Tracy: "My family practically owns this hospital. You just rent it"

Morgan, STFU! I hated how he was hating on Michael for not being quick to kiss Sonny's ass

ETA: Im ready to drop this show. That stuff with Sonny is so offensive that I cant. Thank you Ron bc you have done it again. The last time I felt this way was when he had Todd go free after the rape story with Marty.

And why did Fluke dig up Bill's corpse? What was the point of that?

• Members

I agree. I wanted Morgan to STFU too. I loved Carly all exasperated with his whining. Morgan was ranting like a five year old.

I love how Michael can't believe it that Sonny is getting out of jail on Monday's preview. Yasss. Of course he's going to be seen as the terrible one for daring to think Sonny did this to get out of jail. How DARE he not kiss Sonny's ass for stupidly taking the bomb out of his hands. All Michael had to do was throw it int he water. He was RIGHT there by the railing. Sonny didn't need to do anything to save Michael.

This propping of Sonny is awful.

I also hate how no one is sympathetic towards Michael in terms of hating on Sonny for killing AJ. I don't care whether anyone liked AJ or not. Sonny MURDERED Michael's father. Michael has EVERY right to hate Sonny, regardless of Sonny raising him. So Sonny is glorified for raising a child in the mob. I just don't get it.

• Members
Same. I'm #TeamMichael too. I hate how they are writing him as 'in the wrong' and trying to make him an unsympathetic ass.

It's funny because IMO this propping of Sonny is worse than Guza's propping of Sonny. But to be fair I skipped HUGE chunks of Guza's time writing the show. Funny how a few posters accuse us of wanting Guza back when we all say the opposite. Just because we don't like Ron's writing and accept everything he does (and to be fair, I have praised quite a bit over the years) DOESN'T mean any of us want Guza back. I don't understand how hating Ron's writing = I want Guza back. I can't get over that one, LOL.

This bomb was only so Sonny could "save everyone" and get a "get out of jail free card". That's ALL this was. Ron can't write a good story to save his life so he has to come up with ish like this.

Anyone wanna bet Sonny is written all noble on Monday and insist on "paying for his crime"? Once again he will look like a hero and Michael will look like an ass.

Why can't the regular audience see the writing for what it really is?

• Members

I do think that if it's really not Bill (and I'm pretty sure it's not now), then it's a petulant eleventh-hour rewrite. We were onto Bill Eckert (and the many unexplained related clues) around March or April. Ron would've creamed himself to just write a Forgotten Man With Deep Historical Ties Bill vs. Luke evil twin plot, possibly by revealing they are brothers with a dark family secret. He is not more complex than that, he's done it before.

• Members

He's explicitly lied before about similar bullshit at OLTL, for no real reason than pride, and only admitted it was a slapdash rewrite after the show went off the air, years after the story was produced. So I have no problem believing it here.

Archived