DAYS: Casting updates on two roles...

• Members
HIRA AMBROSINO JOINS "DAYS" AS PAUL'S MOTHER...
10172580_520736004735345_166154643831521
Hira Ambrosino joins "Days" soon in the recurring role of Tori Narita, Paul's mother. In the casting call from last year, here's how Tori was described: "A gorgeous Japanese woman between the ages of 40 and 50...She is the proud mother of a 25-year old son and lives in Japan, but longs to be in the States with her son to support his career. The role is recurring."
Ambrosino previously guested on "Days" in 2009 as Dr. Hayden. She has also made appearances on three other soaps: "One Life to Live", "General Hospital" and "The Young and the Restless." In primetime, she has appeared on tons of hit shows, including "Frasier", "Will & Grace", "NYPD Blue", "According to Jim", "The West Wing", "Friends", "Everybody Loves Raymond", "CSI: NY", "Desperate Housewives", "Monk", "House", "Two and a Half Men" and "Hawaii Five-0." Ambrosino, 46, was born on February 18, 1968 and grew up in Japan.
To view her drama roles reel, click here:
ADAM MAYFIELD'S CHARACTER NAME REVEALED...DEBUTS NEXT WEEK AS TED
10923240_520732708069008_549089690942260
Adam Mayfield debuts on "Days" next week for a short arc as Ted. In the casting call from last year, here's how Ted was described: “A gorgeous male of any ethnicity in his mid-to-late 30s, with a strong voice and presence. Ted is a mysterious man who has been betrayed by a loved one and has his sights set on revenge. As Soap Opera Network reported in December, Ted was involved with Serena in the past. Mayfield appeared as Scott Chandler on "All My Children" from 2009-2010.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed about Casey Moss. The crap they write is why DAYS loses every talented younger actor they hire. Every.Time. If the show lasts he's so bolting and it's obvious. JJ has been watered down so much. It sucks. He was such an interesting character when he first debuted and I love him because of Moss's portrayal but ugh. The writing is terrible. I can't even enjoy his screwing Eve all that much. That should be delicious and salacious but it comes off terrible. And everything involving Jack regarding JJ just falls flat because, well, Jack should be around and isn't.

And I know some bitch about Jenny being all up in his business but she SHOULD be involved. And she SHOULD be breathing down Eve's neck. It's another aspect that's totally falling flat. Jen works as mother bear. Having Eve so isolated in her apartment is doing her and Kassie no favors.

• Members

Absolutely, and that's why I've been saying that DAYS needs to shape up and take advantage of the time they have left with him. JJ was fascinating as a bad boy dealing with anger and grief but then they completely neutered him and made him a Daniel apologist, despite the fact that, the nastier he got, I felt the audience loved him even more for it. He was one of those characters that you loved not despite of their bad actions but, often, because of them. And that's because he had motivations, dimension and depth. Now he's nothing, a shell.

As for Eve and JJ, the direction and the execution is completely wrong. They keep playing it with anger and disgust, even as they f-ck, and it's not working. Casey Moss has sex appeal and yet they can't make it work.

Archived