Days Spoilers from TV Guide..

• Members

I'm probably the biggest critic of this story and I don't see how exactly it's dumb. Bo lied to his wife about an accident he didn't think was a big deal, but it turned out to be. His decisions were made with the best of intentions. Then Zach entered the picture, as did devastation. It happens all the die that something happens that someone can't bring themselves to be truthful about with another person. I don't like how some of the things have played out, but it's hardly dumb. It's probably Reilly's most intelligent attempts at a story, like, ever.

As for Chelsea / Billie / Kate - this is the beauty of ensemble dramas, or at least it's supposed to be. No one character is for everyone, escept maybe Alice Horton. There are people that love to root for the bad guy, while other find them completely unrootable. So, um, get over it? Sorry, I tried being nice. Really. Same argument goes for Bonnie, Patrick, Tek. As long as someone finds enough enjoyment in these characters to watch and they're not universally loathed, don't expect to get very far in your complaints. Not to say you're not allowed your opinions. But, if you don't watch anymore, enjoy your salvation. ;) That said, I, too, wouldn't mind any of these characters gone, but not for your reasons. I hated the Georgia is alive storyline and the fact that has been the core of Billie's fourth return in her Days history, both the characters of Billie and Chelsea have been useless in my eyes. Plus, Kate's been doing nothing but play matchmaker for two years. Patrick is nothing but a piece of eye candy, because his character is too undefined. Bonnie's a hoot and I love her, but she's really not much to do. And Tek is just bad. Another piece of meat that has little to no other purpose. In fact, I liked him the most when he was drugging up John.

I will agree with your assessment about SLCA. It is so ten years ago. And, honestly, I think this is another of Corday's moves that Reilly has to put up with. I felt the same about the Island drama and the nine(?) returns and about the birth of Alex. Corday made the deals and Reilly was forced to write something and let's face it, if my theory is correct, these have been the weakest points of the show, by far. Christie wanted back for so long and Corday wanted her back. Austin became an accessory to that, so Reilly just said, oh what the hey, let's have some re-runs.

While Kristian has delivered plenty of touching performances, she really hasn't shown a hell of a lot of depth, a comment I'll surely be flamed for. But alas, that is my opinion. Reckell has far exceeded her in his subtely. I still prefer Kenny's Hope attacks Billie scenario. Go Psycho, Fancy Face!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Phillip will find the letter and maybe Kate and Bonnie too but either way that letter is not stopping the wedding. At least I hope not. I am torn between Shimi and Shelle but I still like Shimi a little better. besides, this is the only triangle/quad that viewwers are really torn about so Days should milk this for as long as possible so having Shimi get married is a good idea to do that. If this lettet thing turns out as good as the Kristen/John/Marlena one then we are in for a treat.

I have been saying for months that Brandt will leave and I am convinced of that so I would expect a Phillips recast or writeout soon. They aren't aren't using him much anyway and he should be since this story is front-burner. Hell, he was practically nonexistant during the Claire hospital story.

As for the Bope story being dumb-I won;t even comment on that assessmen. As for the other parts of the show, the only weak part for me is Jen and Frankie and that is because that story is not being built at all. Why have Jack off the cnavas if you aren't gonna push this story? The good thing is that they are letting it progress slowly so that Jen doesn't look bad but I would like to see Franifer once in a while and not as talk to characters. Days should also give Max and Abby something to do.

I love how Bonnie, Caroline, Victor, Lexie, Abe, and Tek are now being used again. Abe/Lexie/Tek is very good when focused on like it is now and Victor and Caroline are solid supporting players. The balance on the show is much better. The Austin/Carrie/Sami/Lucas stuff is great when not focused on the corporate stuff (like last Tuesday) and its good that it seems to be steering away from that a little because it makes it much better. Its not the same story as I said. Carrie and sami are wise to Sami and Sami and Carrie are actually bonding and Sami is not the master manipulator so far-its Lucas. sami merely took advantage of the Highstyle thing that Lucas kept in motion. She never really lied and this is so different from the 90's for those reason and the fact that the characters are different, Austin and Carrie are divorced and have a major conflict between them, the division of companies, Will is older-there is so much different. The biggest difference is Lumi and they are becoming a big part of this story. So what if its recycled anyway-its only the second go round and other soaps do it too-more then twice and there aren't that many ideas for orginal stories left and this one is a classic so if Days is trying to recapture that again then I say go for ut. Its starting to get better along with the Alex story which is finally in constant motion after moving then stopping them moving then stopping again for a few months. Alex being evil and Lois's murder really brought this story to life and I love it. I love Calliope too.

The show isn't perfect but its up there as one of, if not, the best soaps right now. Its entertaining, traditional, and for the first time in a while-CHARACTER DRIVEN. The acting for the most part has been great and the special effects have been toned down somewhat (the flashbacks are no longer obscured but those endings need to be fixed still). Even the music has gotten better. The show has been on a high for months now-especially the last 2 months and it looks like it will continue.

• Members

That could happen, Rem and Keith. But I was thinking that Mimi will change her mind, hide the letter, tell Fr. Jansen she told Shawn (or just elope), and then he'll find it before the wedding...or someone will. But since Shelle seems to be the couple to root for her...or whatever...I am sure Shimi will get married.

Archived